Milling hybrid composite on Programill

L

Liamkerr1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently using a programill pm7 for most of the labs production from e.max to zirconia to pmma and hybrid composite (ivoclar tetric). I would like to switch from individual tetric blocks to a disc (either something like voco grandio or coltene crios) but the programill doesnt have a strategy for this. Anyone doing anything similar? Does it need to be a wet mill? Voco and Coltene couldnt help me unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I use the custom emax strategy i have made. I cut them wet no issue. Just test one out using the emax strat you use and see what happens. You might be surprised.

L

Liamkerr1983

Reaction score
Thanks, but how have you created a wet e.max strategy for discs? I can mill individual blocks of composite its just the discs i need to figure out. Voco have said zirconia tools should do the trick but preferably wet mill is used.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Thanks, but how have you created a wet e.max strategy for discs? I can mill individual blocks of composite its just the discs i need to figure out. Voco have said zirconia tools should do the trick but preferably wet mill is used.
Nope! Why would you? Diving a grinding bur into a disk is the horst idea ever. so much force and not to mention kiss your burs good buy. Try taking a carbide to emax, then come back to us. lol You are not technically milling when it comes to emax, you are grinding, laterally. Hence why there is diamonds coated all the way up the shaft of the bur. Wet milling is not for everyone.

L

Liamkerr1983

Reaction score
Nope! Why would you? Diving a grinding bur into a disk is the horst idea ever. so much force and not to mention kiss your burs good buy. Try taking a carbide to emax, then come back to us. lol You are not technically milling when it comes to emax, you are grinding, laterally. Hence why there is diamonds coated all the way up the shaft of the bur. Wet milling is not for everyone.
Sorry i have no idea what you are on about. I mill 100s of units of emax wet a week. I also mill 100s of units of tetric wet a month. I have alternative materials to tetric that will save me thousands if I can mill out of a disc instead of the tetric blocks. I'm looking for a solution to milling these hybrid composite discs, i understand i need coated tools, i also understand i preferably need the mill to be wet. You said you had a custom wet strategy for voco? How did you create it?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sorry i have no idea what you are on about. I mill 100s of units of emax wet a week. I also mill 100s of units of tetric wet a month. I have alternative materials to tetric that will save me thousands if I can mill out of a disc instead of the tetric blocks. I'm looking for a solution to milling these hybrid composite discs, i understand i need coated tools, i also understand i preferably need the mill to be wet. You said you had a custom wet strategy for voco? How did you create it?
Milling into a Emax type material disk is not a smart idea. You will kill your burs much much faster, especially the bigger burs. Meaning these burs are meant to grind on the lateral walls and not mill like Zir, wax, pmma by diving into the material. Now maybe other types of material that are softer will be okay.

Top Bottom