Milling Ceramic Crown - How long takes?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
18-20 minutes on the Versmill 5X200. Old images and early development video. Guess its time to update...
EmaxExamples2_zpsqux9baij.png

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
@ brayks cool surface and nice broken burr inded time for a update !!! milltime always depends on a lot of factors how big , material ,surface quality, details, margin thickness and so on thats why its hard to compare.

Last edited:
brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
@ brayks cool surface and nice broken burr inded time for a update !!! milltime always depends on a lot of factors how big , material ,surface quality, details, margin thickness and so on thats why its hard to compare.

LOL. Thanks cadfan.
Yeah the video was taken a couple of years ago during some LiSi template development. I got a lot of grief from some of our people because I chose to leave the broken cutter in the video.
I thought well its a video re: development and you gotta break some eggs to make an omlett so, it being my company, I decided to go with it.

Yeah, its time to do an update of some videos and pics but it sure is hard to find the time.

I agree. When I get asked how long it takes to mill a particular restoration in a specific material, I sometimes respond: how long would you LIKE it to take? Depending on size, what surface finish are you looking for, margin quality, how much margin reinforcement, what kind of tool life to you want, etc. We an take as little or as long as is desired.

We are getting great results (finish, margins, tool life etc.) when running in the 18-20 minute range on the 5X200. High rpm (60,000rpm+) and coolant pressure and volume in the workspace are important. In addition to machine construction, toolpath quality and proper processing (toolpath strategies, stock-allowances, tool engagement/disengagement from sock, cutting parameters, cutting SFM, etc.) of course...

Top Bottom