milling Bruxzir

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
This material is sooooo fine. It is a little hard to evacuate the grindings (chips) in deep pockets with air during milling. The dust is clogging up our burs and sticking to the shaft of tools. We are switching manufactures of tools, trying to find a more shiny finish on the shaft and cutting surface.

Does anyone have a favorite tool manufacture for this super fine, sticky Zirconia??

Emuge?
Bits&Bits?
Komet?

Anyone?

We have slowed down our milling stratagy a few ways to combat flaking and chipping in the Bruxzir crowns. It is not happening at the margin, but rather anywhere else the shaft of bur touches....like the height of contour on any unit as the bur mills below it.

Nothing too serious, but just different than other Zirconia.
Scott

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Too much crap on my shaft!

Ohhh yeah. You know what I'm talk'n'bout....

[YOUTUBE]0bjqPEgmmGo[/YOUTUBE]

C

Chris

Reaction score
Have you tried the NuHaus tools ? The suction should be very good to pick up the fine dust, if the disk is mushey, Well beware, we have almost 98 % of the mill dust extracted by the zubbler suction system .

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Never heard or NuHaus. Thanks for the tip.

The last month of milling Bruxzir has been great.

No problems at all. Good fit, no chips.

Maybe it could be faster (strategy),but we are happy to just be rolling along as is for now.

Are you using an air puffer system on the Zirconia in the mill? I am.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Have you tried the NuHaus tools ? The suction should be very good to pick up the fine dust, if the disk is mushey, Well beware, we have almost 98 % of the mill dust extracted by the zubbler suction system .

Never seen any vacuum actually suck-up dust from the surface of the milling puck. The Oriface is too far away and the velovity is lost that far below/above the milling surface to pick-up particles. It (dust) just sits there until it get's blown into the air by puffer. Then, hopefully into the vacuum as it floats around in the milling chamber.

So, I am to beware of what with "Mushy" disks?
Not really clear on your statement/warning.

Also, there is a limit of how much negative pressure you can achive with any air pump, and a limit of how much volume (CFM) you can suck through a 2" hole.

I have spent years and $$ trying to suck and blow through holes to do some drag racing with turbo/supercharged cars. It is Physics. I can assure you my vacuum pulls just as much negative pressure and volume through the little 2" hole. ( I say 2" because most CNC mills taper down to that somewhere in vac. system)

Thanks!

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
These Two books are the "Bible" for flow and HP. (New Test and Old Test)

All Physics and principles apply to Vacuums and any fluid compressor.

(Centrifugal, Roots, Lysholm (aka German Twin-Screw),Vane-pump (like the vacuum in a stone mixer),Axial (like a jet engine),Comprex, Piston-type (like an air-compressor, etc....) All suck and blow, just depends on what end you are looking at. LOL

Maximum Boost: Designing, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems [Book]

Amazon.com: Turbochargers HP49 (HP Books): Turbo Design, Sizing & Matching, Spark-Ignition & Diesel Engine Applications, Water Injection, Controls, Carburetion, Intercooling, ... Street & Race Cars, Boats, Motorc (0075478001354): Hugh MacInnes: Books

Last edited:
C

Chris Halke

Reaction score
In regards to vacuum, we are using a Vanaman 6 hooked up to two Glidewell BruxZir Mills. This seems to keep them fairly dust free, although we do have to clean the filter every two pucks....

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
We use Glidewells burs in the BruxZir mill, hooked to our central vacuum system. Air speed and volume are tested weekly.

ai3.photobucket.com_albums_y79_Ngagi_IMG00354_20110517_0907.jpg

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
What central suction system you have in your lab?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I called your company and told them I want to install the vac myself..

They said they would call me back...

Been a couple weeks. (Three or more maybe?)

I guess that is a "No"?

???

I told them I would make my own out of used dumpster and Three-Phase Car Wash vacuum set-up if I do not get a call back.

Even has access door built-in on the side.
Wheels...it is a trash-can after all and maybe I can rig it to still dump on the trash-truck?

Don't make me do it...

I have machine shop and welder right down the road.
Metal supply house is near also.

Last edited:
K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
Never heard or NuHaus. Thanks for the tip.

The last month of milling Bruxzir has been great.

No problems at all. Good fit, no chips.

Maybe it could be faster (strategy),but we are happy to just be rolling along as is for now.

Are you using an air puffer system on the Zirconia in the mill? I am.

The Neuhaus - Burs (this is the right name) I know that onesorcedental milling center in GA they are using it. It's a german product and really god.

In point of suction and airflow, the only way to catch as much as possible dust is to catch the dust as close as possible to the area where the dust starts, as close as possible to the milling tool.

This is not my idea beleave me, but we are the world leader in producing and installing central suctions for dentallabs.
In a lot of times, not the suction system is responsable to catch the dust - it's the CADCAM system itself.
They are not proper designed for catching the dust perfect. They mill good no question, but there is a need for better engineering and for some changings inside the CADCAM machine.

Still important for perfect results and a long lifetime of the burs is to get rit of the dust. If there are more questions, just ask

Kurt Zubler

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
I called your company and told them I want to install the vac myself..

They said they would call me back...

Been a couple weeks. (Three or more maybe?)

I guess that is a "No"?

???

I told them I would make my own out of used dumpster and Three-Phase Car Wash vacuum set-up if I do not get a call back.

Even has access door built-in on the side.
Wheels...it is a trash-can after all and maybe I can rig it to still dump on the trash-truck?

Don't make me do it...

I have machine shop and welder right down the road.
Metal supply house is near also.

Hi ***

Sorry that you did not get the answer in time. Microstar did send a email to me, but I had a lounge infection and at home. I'm back and answering your question now.
Even you think you can install a central suction system by yourself - Without help you can't. You need help what means:

Send the lab-plan to [email protected] and we check what you planned and how you wanna run the piping. Then we correct or change the pipe design or we just confirm. All the Zubler Central suction system in the world are installed from Zubler staff because of warranty and health law purposes.

But when we see that what you designed is working we will find a solution.

Don't underestimate the job. It's a tough job and needs a lot of know how.

Zubler is finnally responsable for the installed system, that it's guaranteed and that the health law in point of dust is fullfilled.
Please understand us, but we help you as much as possible.

Get directly in touch with ZublerUSA

regards
Kurt Zubler

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I went into great detail to describe my situation on the phone.

We are changing and growing, and will probably move within a year or two.

I am adding 3rd suite in a month or two. We added Two mills last year and I plan on another couple before the end of this year.

We move mills and workstations around often.

It sounds like your company is not really going to help me, and I doubt you got the proper information from the girl I spoke to for 20 minutes about my needs.

Sorry I cannot do it the Zubler way, and you cannot do it the "Scott" way.

I'm not sending a plan, and I kindly stated that on the phone and described exactly why.

I'll have to go elsewhere.

I'm not paying $20,000 for set-up, only to have to change it frequently.

Am I suppose to fork out $$ everytime I add/modify the system and fly your techs out here?? That is absolutly rediculous. I can build drag-racing transmissions, pull motors out in my own garage, make things all the time!

Vacuums are the most basic system in my lab. I repair Prototype equip, and fix everything in my lab. To say I cannot plumb a vacuum system is quite insulting too me.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
What central suction system you have in your lab?

We have large, 10 HP vacuum cabinets, with 10" diameter primary ducts, and 4" and 6" secondaries. Fiber socl, and bag combination filtration. No inside return. Probably the only thing I don't like about it.

We suck out the AC faster than we can put it back in. Poor engineering of the whole air management system..

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We use Glidewells burs in the BruxZir mill, hooked to our central vacuum system. Air speed and volume are tested weekly.

This is quite interesting to me. What is the need for this? Will the end product be any different? Is it to only to maintain the equipment in its optimum working shape? I imagine its all part of GMP, I just find it interesting that a vac can make a difference in-the end product. Please educate me, my only thought is for the safety of your techs and the ability to have a safe and clean work space.

I have never seen a tool like that Mark, we use the old if the vac is sucking hard enough change the bag routine :)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Vacuum Police Force!

They are coming!! They want to probe you!

RUN!!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_vacuumpatrol.jpg

"We probe where other won't."

I think Mark is the founding Father to this new team.
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_vacuumpatrol.jpg

Top Bottom