metal frame temp bridge

doug

doug

Reaction score
I ave a doc who wants a metal substructure for an implant temp bridge with PMMA milled to cement/bond to the frame for the teeth. I think I can get it done, what would be a good cement/bonding agent to use to keep the PMMA attached to the metal?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would use a cement such as multilink hybrid HO
Bonding composite to metal can be disappointing.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
multilink hybrid HO
I have tried to cement Ti-Bases with the Multilink HO into PMMAs = fail

I use Telio-Lab ever since. To cover the grayness of the abutment, I mix it with opaquer....

In the OP's case, I guess, going (very) old school may work best. Use some sort of metal primer, opaque the frame and use Monomer/polymer to 'cement' it into your PMMA. Telio-Lab is a PMMA material and should work.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Can you not mill an inset/channel along the lingual to accommodate/fit the preformed wire, and
just cold cure to secure the wire in?
I seriously doubt much benefit if your wire has not textured to increase any mechanical bond
and would only form a weak link to the system for fracture to initiate.
My 2 cents.
LCM

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
I ave a doc who wants a metal substructure for an implant temp bridge with PMMA milled to cement/bond to the frame for the teeth. I think I can get it done, what would be a good cement/bonding agent to use to keep the PMMA attached to the metal?

We've used both Bredent combi-lign ( with their primer ) and GC Link-Force ( with their primer ) with PMMA and had excellent results. Both have metal primers but I would be more comfortable with an opaque to adhere to and block out the gray.

doug

doug

Reaction score
Rick, If I opaque the frame with composite opaque, and then bond I should be good? What if I use Ceramic opaque since I can fire it to the frame?

A

adl

Reaction score
You have to use SR Connect to bond PMMA to metal .monobond for the metal , SR Connect for the PMMA

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I would convince him to allow you to fabricate a pmma structure with silanated e-glass as reinforcement.
Much much stronger.
If not, GC Metalprimer II on top of 50micron air abraded alloy surface.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I’ve done a few where I’ve opaqued the frame with GC or Bredent composite opaque I then either use cold cure resin or Bredent Combi lign to fix bond the pmma in place. It does work but sometimes designing the PMMA part takes a long time.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Where do you SR Connect ? Doc just asked me to make a PMMA temp on an abutment . Thanks
You have to use SR Connect to bond PMMA to metal .monobond for the metal , SR Connect for the PMMA

A

adl

Reaction score
Where do you SR Connect ? Doc just asked me to make a PMMA temp on an abutment . Thanks
You’ll need a decent light curing unit , read the instructions carefully. I have an old Triad unit and I cure the PMMA with the SR Connect for 11 min.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Is that all I need , the SR Connect ? and a curing light , ? I dont have one.
You’ll need a decent light curing unit , read the instructions carefully. I have an old Triad unit and I cure the PMMA with the SR Connect for 11 min.