Marketing idea..

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to get a dentist that I already do "some" removable appliances for, to send me ALL of his work? He told me today he was sending his removable to his C&B lab but wasn't happy with their removable. He then said he was going to start sending his removable to me.

Thanks gang!!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to get a dentist that I already do "some" removable appliances for, to send me ALL of his work? He told me today he was sending his removable to his C&B lab but wasn't happy with their removable. He then said he was going to start sending his removable to me.

Thanks gang!!
Perfect screen name.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
How did he find you in the first place? What is he unhappy with his C&B lab? Do you know the other lab? Is cost a primary marketing ploy?

Take him to lunch, ask a bunch of questions, develop a relationship and share you thoughts on how you communicate. Communication is your best tool.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I wouldn't offer a price cut, talk to the Dr. deliver on what you say you can. Set his expectations to what you can do. Dr's want on time and right, sometimes on time and close enough is good enough for Drs.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
How did he find you in the first place? What is he unhappy with his C&B lab? Do you know the other lab? Is cost a primary marketing ploy?

Take him to lunch, ask a bunch of questions, develop a relationship and share you thoughts on how you communicate. Communication is your best tool.

this.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
sometimes they do, and like to stand in the closet dressed as superman

GCTcHOL.png

D

Davesgone

Reaction score

Hello John, he gave me his main complaint with the other lab. It was a immediate denture and the anterior teeth were way to short. I don't know who the other lab is.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
sometimes they do, and like to stand in the closet dressed as superman

GCTcHOL.png

it's all fun and games until you find yourself buck ass neked, tied to a bed, and Batman jumps out of the closet

D

DenLab

Reaction score

Thanks gang!!

I have found that all of the accounts I have brought into our lab don't use us 100%. Even our most die hard dental offices that rave about our work still send cases to other labs. That is because dentists have learned that what is beautiful today may stink tomorrow.

I think most dental offices have found great dental labs that after some time, get sold, switch technicians, run into financial problems, hire bad receptionists or case managers, etc. etc. So suddenly, they start having issues with quality, delivery, etc. So most dental offices send cases to two or more labs. In case one starts to fail them, they can seamlessly move other cases to another lab without any delays. At least that is what I have found.

We are ok with this; and we are happy to compete with other labs. Our crowns aren't delivered on a silk pillow with rays of light coming out of them. But we deliver good work that is good quality and doctors continue to return to us. That is key. Consistent results.

Oh an pay your technicians. Don't piss them off or your work will get sabotaged.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Good points.
There are many reasons for a dr to switch labs. Not all Drs switch for the same reason.
The answers are there if you ask the right questions.