Made in China-Np PFM crown $29.00

S

Shenzhen sunflower dental

Reaction score
Shenzhen Sunflower Dental Lab

There are several reasons for the cheap price.but the main reasons as :

1. Low consumption. As we all know, here most of the consumption is lower than your America. That 's why there are so many products you import from China. But that's not mean the quality is not good. You can see this from other products in your country which import from China.

2. The cost of labor force. To be honest, here in China, the salary for technicians and other people is much lower than your America. But that's not mean they are not good. That's decide by the consumption leave also.

3. High Efficiency. In China,most of our dental technician majoy in one department only ( we have several departments, like modeling, waxing,metal finish....),not like your dental technician, do the whole crown from the begining to the end. In this way, we definitely get a higher efficiency than your technicians.

Have a nice day, everyone !

Last edited by a moderator:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
COPOUT.

NOBODY is forced to send their work to China. Labs have to quit trying to be everything to everybody. You have to lose some accounts and replace them with others, and that's just the way it goes.

The problem with what has happened in your lab (besides breaking the law) is that your lab is now tainted. There used to be a high quality lab in this area that started sending work to China, and their reputation was instantly trashed. Because people know that SOME of the work goes there, they assume a LOT of it goes there.

That skid mark will always be there by their name, but as with many labs like that, they are gone now.

I'd rather be known as a "C" lab, that fought and clawed my way to an "A" lab, than an "A" lab, that slid down to a "C" or worse by sending to China.

Perception is everything. Hope you guys recover from this...

Thank you Mark for support. After my last post some changes,I've realised that nothing can change my greedy employer's mind,so I'm planning to open my own lab soon . Eventually this lab will miss one more high skiiled tech, but I digress.

Last edited:
ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
There are several reasons for the cheap price.but the main reasons as :

1. Low consumption. As we all know, here most of the consumption is lower than your America. That 's why there are so many products you import from China. But that's not mean the quality is not good. You can see this from other products in your country which import from China.

2. The cost of labor force. To be honest, here in China, the salary for technicians and other people is much lower than your America. But that's not mean they are not good. That's decide by the consumption leave also.

3. High Efficiency. In China,most of our dental technician majoy in one department only ( we have several departments, like modeling, waxing,metal finish....),not like your dental technician, do the whole crown from the begining to the end. In this way, we definitely

get a higher efficiency than your technicians.

Have a nice day, everyone !

What do you know about skills Of US tech's. Geave Me a break!!!!!!

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
What do you know about skills Of US tech's. Geave Me a break!!!!!!

He knows about the skills of the American technicians because it's his target market. Any smart business man knows that you have to completely understand your competition if you are going to go and fight him for market share.

Chinese labs are at a disadvantage though, usually as a result of language barriers. Take a look at their website. Pleasant looking, and easy to navigate, but full of spelling errors and other things that show a lack of attention to detail, and english as a second language, or more likely just one of many this intellegent person speaks.

Chinese labs are a formidable competitor, even with these handicaps.

What out guest has pointed out is only partly right. I suspect when he talks about waste, they are doing things like re-suing eMax buttons, which we all know is wrong. I doubt they can beat my lab in material use and maximization of resources.

Labor costs, hands down are the number one reason they can compete at such a low price point, but CAD CAM has narrowed that gap and I can give them a run for their money on certain products.

The big issue for me is the use of illegal, gray market, off label and counterfeit products. China, among other Asian countries are notorious for knock off and counterfeit products, and without proper oversight, and no way to authenticate the materials in use, I think the competitive edge goes to the off shore labs, and potentially dangerous materials.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You have the advantage of trust if everyone here is on the same page.

S

Reaction score
Ye, we do American market. Some customers in the US visited our lab. Most of them is the owner/manager of dental lab.They tell us your skills Of US tech's.Maybe not all, but i believe they are satisfied with our work up to now,as we had a long nice cooperation already. And our target market not America only, we do the cases for UK,Germany,France and Australia also.

As we all know, dental business is not a one-time deals . We would like keep a nice cooperation with every customer. Therefore we have to pay more attention to our quality, from materials to tech. We can keep the customer only when the quality satisfy our customers or overstep their required.

Anyway, seeing is believing. I think no one like the people who only make rumours or believe it.

All the best, everyone !

S

Reaction score
Make matter worse, and please don't tell the Chinese I post the this one.

In China, for most of the export restoration. They often use China made porcelain inside. The outside layer, they use Vita, Bego, etc porcelain. You guys may not be aware of the High Noble PFM crown. They are now using the coating method in micron.

No, my lab never do it like this way. And i hate cheat. We only use VITA and Creation porcelain powder.
May i know where you heard this from.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
No, my lab never do it like this way. And i hatat. We only use VITA and Creation porcelain powder.
May i know where you heard this from.

I can tell you my own expirience with the quality of chineese work.......we get many repairs from dental offices done by you and a lot of time to fix or add on contacts and solder makes virtually impossible due to material done in CHINA, somehow metal getting green. Rebaking with a low temp. And vita or add on doesn't bond with your crappy porc. So we have to redo mostly everything.

Last edited:
S

Reaction score
I’m really sorry to hear this. But may i know which lab you did that works. I think i should know you before, so that you may don't think so.

Anyway, i do not allow my lab work like that. We majoy in foreign market. Therefore everything must work well. Good materials is the basic of good quality. Long business rely on good quality.That's my thinking.

Good luck to you, my friend !

I

incisor

Reaction score
made in china

Made in China (MiC)is one thing, made correctly is another...
I am more concerned about lab owners that use suspect alloys than MiC. A lot of Brasilian labs, for example, use recicled metals for casting. They may have some problems with CTE but nothing a good bonder won't solve... but on a CCP for example the patient (and Dr.) have no idea what metal was used. I also visited a lab in Spain last year and noticed a large drum full of silver colored coins, and was told that they used these for casting...
they said it was cheaper to use these coins than buying proper metals from manufacturers for dental castings. what about Nickle, berilium etc?

There are certified labs in China. There are also labs with TüV certification that buy all materials from Germany without exception, that have German technicians controling production and provide "similar" conditions for chinese staff such as holidays, higher pay than usual and constant training. These labs are inspected by German authorities in order to maintain certification and I know that there standard is superior to FDA or NBC.

Roy

A

aabregini

Reaction score
I was at a meting with a China lab, offering the crown for $24.99 for 10 Np crowns, The guy giving the Demo was an american retired technician from Michigan, he mentioned something like this, if you outsource to us you will save the employee tax, porcelain, alloys, model work, you just have to send impression or model stone. For production we ll pay shipping and deliver . Yeah he send the work, and he still sending work I believe so and our lab charge over $250.00 The work came back with open margins and shade not that good. But The owner was always thinking and saving money in employee taxes.We handle only the HN,SP and Implants cases, zirconia and Np they were outsource.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Yep, you have to watch those Michigan folks ;) They've been corrupted by those Canadians :)

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Hi Travis or anyone who is concerned,

Please give your opinions on this news from LMT issue Nov/Dec awares US dental lab:

Trading in for a newer model
by marribeth Marsico, senior editor

treedentallab of China prices it $29.00/unit Np PFM.

How to shake up the industries and inform our US citizens that they paid atleast $500.00 or higher for one Np PFM crown to the dental office for made in $29.00 crown?:mad:

Thanks

ClearH2O

Try $18.00 for non-precious PFM. It's out there in China. $15.00 PFM"s plus the cost of alloy.............what now?popcorn

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
lets let the quality speak for the product, not the price.

Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat

Reaction score
Keep in mind, a lot of "fee for service" dentists are now taking dental insurance.....so in an effort to keep their practice up with patient volume, they are also having to fit in their overhead and lab expenses within a $450-600 crown pay out by insurance, while some plans allow balance billing to make up difference others do not, some have a capitation pay out every month, but those are very minimal. We should be asking......who the hell is determining the insurance claim fees/lab fees? For every dollar spent on a dental plan, $.80 is kept by the insurance company and only $.20 is spent in claim payouts. So that 80% is kept by the insurance company, and there are really no federal regulations setting forth how insurance companies can invest their money, in terms of risk. If you think the banking industry is bad.........start talking to your doctors about the insurance plans they are participating in......HUGE eye opener for me!
We need to figure out what jacka** is determining the fees on these dental plans.....which are really discount fee plans, not insurance at all. But wow! the insurance companies making a ton of money off our backs, and now the dentists are roped in, AND these corporate pieces of crap are also systematically destroying this lab industry...in record time I believe.

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
NADL vs Dentalle ad

Shameful, isn't it?
My observation,
When looking at picture of the microscope on their bench, first impression is (hi quality equipment) scope made in China? Is the tech even used it (quality control).
Do not laugh when you are thinking Hi-quality microscope on E-bay. This scope is made for Dentalle, Hi-quality dental lab.
Dentalle shows European trainer (I guest by their photo). The Ad does not show superior Chinese trainer.
Dentalle does not showing their HIGH QUALITY PRESENTATION OF WORK AND PRODUCTS.
Sorry but this ad proved primitive level in business advertisement.
Prove product is high in quality first then compete. Price cutting in dental appliances prove nothing but poor quality.
NADL allow this piece of CHIT printed on their magazine prove loosing quality advertisement at first, secondly NADL may damage their reputation
of presenting USA National Dental Laboratory Association.

Proud to be an American CDT

Sincere

Clearh2o

Top Bottom