A fight with a lab owner sending his work to china.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The last time I was in Walmart, they moved the cheese!

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
There is just as much lead in your crowns as in China crowns. You should know that lead cannot be used to fabricate any type of crown, it just plain won't work. I tested both My America made crowns and China crowns. The lead amount was extremely close! The lead is in your water and in the ground. Porcelain is felspathic and it is made from the ground, which contains lead. Don't drink to much ground water!!!!
Except synthetic ceramics dont have Feldspar in them and real Porcelain is made from Kaolin!

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The last bastion where you can legally discriminate for any reason is where you spend your money in the marketplace. You don't however get to choose where the other guy spends his because that would be discrimination against them.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Except synthetic ceramics dont have Feldspar in them and real Porcelain is made from Kaolin!

Zirconia is a ceramic and contains neither. Porcelain is a ceramic with a glass base and uses different binders for strength and to reduce crack propagation.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Zirconia is metal. Look at the periodic table of elements.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
The last bastion where you can legally discriminate for any reason is where you spend your money in the marketplace. You don't however get to choose where the other guy spends his because that would be discrimination against them.

I thought you were on world tour with the Mrs.?

What'd she figure out that when Tommy boy "moves his cheese" in a motor home, there's no where to run?
She left you at a truck stop in Oklahoma didn't she?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I am still in lab to lab sales for the lab in China. I will come park in front of your lab until you buy some lab work from me. Just sold the lab to dentist part. I have a house to sell a mother in law to move and promised to stay for the transition. The rule of twice as long and twice as much seems to be in effect.

I'm working on making the MOHO a Wi-Fi hot spot so when the landscape is boring I can post to my hearts desire. Next summer we will be up in your neck of the woods. I plan to tour that 15 miles deep from the US border part of Canada where people can live.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Zirconia is a ceramic and contains neither. Porcelain is a ceramic with a glass base and uses different binders for strength and to reduce crack propagation.
Porcelain is China (lol) Clay or Kaolin! Modern ceramics are mainly feldspar based or synthetic!

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
Porcelain (not dental glass) Is made from Kaolin!!!

doug

doug

Reaction score
Kaolin is the biggest reason Vita porcelain used to go gray after several firings. When they reduced the amount, and other porcelains eliminated it you could fire stuff just about forever without a drop in value.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The terms ceramic and porcelain are often used interchangeably in dentistry. Ceramic comes from the Greek term keramos and means potter, referring to one’s ability to heat clay to form pottery.1 The word porcelain is said to have been invented by Marco Polo in the 13th century from the Italian word porcellana, or cowrie shell. Polo used the cowrie shell to describe Chinese porcelain because it was similarly strong and hard while remaining thin and translucent. A ceramic is a compound of metallic elements (eg, aluminum, calcium, lithium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, tin, titanium, zirconium) and nonmetallic elements (eg, silicon, fluorine, boron, oxygen),whereas porcelain is a ceramic consisting of a glass matrix phase and one or more crystalline phases (eg, leucite). All porcelains are ceramics, but not all ceramics are porcelains. For example, an all-zirconia crown is referred to as a high-strength ceramic but it does not have a glass matrix; therefore, it is not a porcelain. For the purposes of this article, the term ceramic is used to include all metal-free restorations. - See more at: Dental Ceramics Classification | CDEWorld - Continuing Dental Education

This is just not that hard to understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder I have no problems selling porcelain from China. They invented the stuff

Last edited:
cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
your just rambling now mate you thought Zirconia was ceramic!!

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
For the last time we dont use porcelain in dental technology, mixing terms because they are in common usage doesnt change that!

doug

doug

Reaction score
Hand me a Kleenex, I mean a tissue. Some things become generic in their nature, it happens

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Zirconium dioxide is one of the most studied ceramic materials. ZrO2 adopts a monoclinic crystal structure at room temperature and transitions to tetragonal and cubic at higher temperatures. The volume expansion caused by the cubic to tetragonal to monoclinic transformation induces large stresses, and these stresses cause ZrO2 to crack upon cooling from high temperatures. When the zirconia is blended with some other oxides, the tetragonal and/or cubic phases are stabilized. Effective dopants include magnesium oxide (MgO),yttrium oxide (Y2O3, yttria),calcium oxide (CaO),and cerium(III) oxide (Ce2O3).[4]

Zirconia is often more useful in its phase 'stabilized' state. Upon heating, zirconia undergoes disruptive phase changes. By adding small percentages of yttria, these phase changes are eliminated, and the resulting material has superior thermal, mechanical, and electrical properties. In some cases, the tetragonal phase can be metastable. If sufficient quantities of the metastable tetragonal phase is present, then an applied stress, magnified by the stress concentration at a crack tip, can cause the tetragonal phase to convert to monoclinic, with the associated volume expansion. This phase transformation can then put the crack into compression, retarding its growth, and enhancing the fracture toughness. This mechanism is known as transformation toughening, and significantly extends the reliability and lifetime of products made with stabilized zirconia. [4][5]

The ZrO2 band gap is dependent on the phase (cubic, tetragonal, monoclinic, or amorphous) and preparation methods, with typical estimates from 5–7 eV.[6]

A special case of zirconia is that of tetragonal zirconia polycrystal, or TZP, which is indicative of polycrystalline zirconia composed of only the metastable tetragonal phase.

I said zirconia is a ceramic and it true even if you don't like it.

cheadlemick

cheadlemick

Reaction score
yes your'e right Tom zirconium dioxide or zirconia is a ceramic ZIRCONIUM is the metal, I stand corrected (as the man in the orthopaedic shoes said!) Still no kaolin in modern dentistry though unless you count the bog1 (toilet in the UK)

Top Bottom