Lucitone 199 problem

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Invitation only aesthetics - invitation for what? I still have patients
who refused to remove their denture in their sleep!
I think the only invitation for those are to the person in the mirror.
Sometimes, that person in the mirror is beyond our abilities to satisfy
no matter what we do because we are working on the wrong person
who is sitting on the chair.
BTW - I think you just made TomZ's day!
LCM

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
LOL some people are never satisfied even with a perfect textbook, Rolls Royce Hollywood denture. Reminds me of a lady one time when I worked in house. She was so particular that I had to wax up the denture chair side one tooth at a time. she would try it in after each tooth with a hand mirror and approve each tooth and request multiple changes on each one. (even the molars!) we got them all in and patient approved, processed and delivered. A week later she came back unhappy and to have me move several teeth again then reprocess. This became a weekly routine for several month. She payed for our royal services but man some of these people kill me. lol

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
LOL some people are never satisfied even with a perfect textbook, Rolls Royce Hollywood denture. Reminds me of a lady one time when I worked in house. She was so particular that I had to wax up the denture chair side one tooth at a time. she would try it in after each tooth with a hand mirror and approve each tooth and request multiple changes on each one. (even the molars!) we got them all in and patient approved, processed and delivered. A week later she came back unhappy and to have me move several teeth again then reprocess. This became a weekly routine for several month. She payed for our royal services but man some of these people kill me. lol

lol, and don't you just love it when they ask for the centreline to be moved 1/2 mm, or the VD to be increased after completion or the shade a bit lighter.....

Stuffdogg

Stuffdogg

Reaction score
yep lol I remember because of her, my boss made it mandatory for his patients to sign a statement saying they approved the aesthetics and that once processed that was it.

A

Allan

Reaction score
yep lol I remember because of her, my boss made it mandatory for his patients to sign a statement saying they approved the aesthetics and that once processed that was it.

Duracetal of Myerson

V

Varun Saini

Reaction score
Why there is no trial closure indicated for Lucitone 199 heat cure acrylic resin? Though it is mentioned in textbooks that trial closure is always advised.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Probably because the material once mixed can be injected or press packed. I press pack with a minimum of three trial packs. 1st under filled. 2nd, add to produce flash. 3rd is after flash results and surface of material shows proper detail (important as flash can be produced if material is squeezed out before it is pressed in). After 3rd press check to insure no new flash then paint model with a final coat of tinfoil substitute for final closure.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We took it down to the home depot and put it on the paint shaker :) If it aint mixed now it never will be.

I will update the results next week.
I just shot Cola out my nose. Gee Wally.

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
The last few cases I've press packed using Lucitone 199 have come out looking orange. I read in a previous post that John Wilson had this problem once it was the powder which was replaced for him. However this is the same batch of acrylic that I've been using for quite awhile with no problems. Still think its the powder? Any other ideas I can try before I try to get this whole bucket replaced? What is the shelf life of heat cure acrylic? One more thing, I don't quick cure either, I cure using the entire long heat cycle overnight.

Thanks.
I'll never use Lucitone 199 again for this very reason. Switch acrylics to Diamond d

N

nickate

Reaction score
Probably because the material once mixed can be injected or press packed. I press pack with a minimum of three trial packs. 1st under filled. 2nd, add to produce flash. 3rd is after flash results and surface of material shows proper detail (important as flash can be produced if material is squeezed out before it is pressed in). After 3rd press check to insure no new flash then paint model with a final coat of tinfoil substitute for final closure.

Do you ever get white marbling in your palates? If so your technique is your answer to solving that issue....

Top Bottom