Looking for implant instruction

H

harrti

Reaction score
Hi all! I have been an in house technician for a dental office for over 10 years. Mostly fabricating their single unit restorations with the inlab system. Recently the doctors asked me to expand into doing their implant restorations that they have been sending out to other labs. I have been using the Sirona TIbase kits with success but I would really like to be able to make the crowns for the implants that aren't supported by the TIbase. I have scoured the internet for education courses on implants from the ground up. Model and die fab - stain and glaze and haven't found may options. I am in California and ideally I would like to do my education here as I have a family and traveling for over a few days isn't really an option. I would prefer a hands on course that lasts a few days OR if there is a lab in CA that would consider a in house training where I could come to your lab and learn, that would be great too! Does anyone have any suggestions?!? Thanks!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
well, there is a hell of a lot more to it then going to some "training"

if you were to purchase a 3shape syst, you could go for design training at Argen, and then send out to them for fabrication (most systems)

this was actually how I started, and it's a good option.
i'm no longer familiar with what inlab is capable of, so not sure if there is an abutment design module available (other than TiBases)

you probably aren't going to find a whole lot of response here... think about it...
OK, i'll give you a boost
  • most of us don't appreciate inlab, take a guess why
  • you are looking at moving work from a lab/ cutting out labs, and in case you didn't get the memo.. you are on the Dental Lab Network
  • expecting someone to chime in and say "hey, come and take some of my business, i'll even show you how to do it" is a pretty high expectation. you might want to lower your expectations

Now, yes I understand you are a technician, here looking for guidance.. but you've also only gotten 3 posts in the last 3 years
  • look for a study group that "might" let you in.. ours probably wouldn't
  • the only reason I mentioned Argen is because I like how they do business, and support them

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I make a motion that we put Andrew in charge of the DLN welcoming committee.
All those in favor say aye..... :p

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I make a motion that we put Andrew in charge of the DLN welcoming committee.
All those in favor say aye..... :p

Really? that IS spectacular!
I thought I was a little harsh, but it does say Cynical under my avatar.. gotta act the part I was given