Link pieces together Sum3d

M

macminn

Reaction score
I'm just getting started in this. How would you do something like this with all single full contour crowns?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Like what? Can you be more specific?

Most FCZ is missing a lot of binders in the make-up of the Zirconia.

For this reason, we are now using FOUR little sprues on each FCZ crown.

Never worry about tooth falling out and greatly reduces the chance of chipping.

Scott

M

macminn

Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to figure out how the image of the puck mills out. Don't the bridges in the middle fall out? There's nothing holding them in.
As far as FCZ, can you overlap some of the cutting paths (not sure of the terminology yet).

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We not be dat stupid.

Just showing a quick example that is not perfect.

Dude didn't bother spruing, we are just discussing wasting Zirconia in a sloppy conversation.

I guess you are talking about my MSPaint skills drawing on a picture? LOL

M

macminn

Reaction score
nowaste_sum3d.jpeg

I'm trying to figure out what the attached picture represents. Is this something that's millable? Looks to me like a bunch of the bridges aren't attached, so don't quite get how it works.
nowaste_sum3d.jpeg

M

macminn

Reaction score
I guess I'm trying to figure out how the image of the puck mills out. Don't the bridges in the middle fall out? There's nothing holding them in.
As far as FCZ, can you overlap some of the cutting paths (not sure of the terminology yet).

How "little" of sprues are you using?

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
Can anyone actually explain to me how the linking is done? Try to focus on the question, and not on the color of the disc, attachments, color of the sky, wind speed and temperature. I will post a picture so everyone can understand what I am trying to do. This is done with Picasoft. I want to do this with Sum3D. I would appreciate some pointers. Thank you in advance Cam.JPG

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
If you really wanna master your sum3d. Learn all the keyboard shortcuts. You will be all bam bam bing boom, DONE! CALCULATING!

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
Ok, thank you, everything is clear to me now.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Can anyone actually explain to me how the linking is done? Try to focus on the question, and not on the color of the disc, attachments, color of the sky, wind speed and temperature. I will post a picture so everyone can understand what I am trying to do. This is done with Picasoft. I want to do this with Sum3D. I would appreciate some pointers. Thank you in advance View attachment 14816
I don't think there are enough connectors in there... I see room for at least 6 or 7 more.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Open Parameters, then Links, and choose whether or not to attach to adjacent tooth.

The software will try (or not) to reach out to adjacent tooth and "link".

Scott

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
Open Parameters, then Links, and choose whether or not to attach to adjacent tooth.

The software will try (or not) to reach out to adjacent tooth and "link".

Scott

Thank you, it's the first valuable advice I got. By the way, I found the way to do what I wanted. It is very disappointing to see that instead of answering a simple question people will get hung up on every little unimportant detail, and in the end after reading the whole thread you still don't find any solution...

Thank you again, Scott

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
GO2dental users save material and milling time with this function..check our website, there is a photo of a advanced nesting in wax.