Lava Esthetic

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by the requirements for Zirconia to flouresce.....? It's cool but it looks like regular Zr in regular light?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Well chicks in the club dig it

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Fluorescence is certainly more noticeable in a club environment, but those light waves are present in day light as well.
All molecules have a shadow when light passes across them (Fraunhofer lines). Natural teeth fluoresce, so if you
would like man made materials to closely mimic natural teeth you will need this.

In case you are having trouble getting to sleep:
http://www.chemteam.info/Electrons/Spectrum-History.html

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
giphy.gif

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i understand that natural teeth does this naturally, but it doesn't seem like the amount of fluorescence (**** spelling) - but are they banking on us deadening how much it will fluoresce to tone it down when we apply stain/glaze?

I asked for a sample puck to try out, should be an interesting product. Nice price point too

K

KIM

Reaction score
i understand that natural teeth does this naturally, but it doesn't seem like the amount of fluorescence (**** spelling) - but are they banking on us deadening how much it will fluoresce to tone it down when we apply stain/glaze?

I asked for a sample puck to try out, should be an interesting product. Nice price point too
If you need any help getting it, let me know.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Even better natural fluorescence changes per patient.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Even better natural fluorescence changes per patient.
exactly. so from an aesthetic perspective I am a bit confused by the goal of this. beyond just being able to say "hey! we did it, we made a Zr that fluoresces"

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Those light waves are present in natural light as well. To get the brightness associated with natural dentition fluorescence helps.
Is it any different than using a cervical powder in a build up because you can see that color in the adjacent natural tooth you are
trying to match?
Probably never get a 'perfect' match due to metamerism and if you are in a production based lab who cares anyway??

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Looking at our materials vs natural teeth in normal light it is difficult to get some shades. When you throw in low light, yellow light, black light, hi intensity blue light it can become an impossible task.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Looking at our materials vs natural teeth in normal light it is difficult to get some shades. When you throw in low light, yellow light, black light, hi intensity blue light it can become an impossible task.

....isn't that why we have our lighting rooms to figure that out? We do this with all of our full mouth patients that are local.

Of course, the biggest factor is sunlight so we have them walk around and hang out in our waiting area near huge windows and let them hold a hand mirror.