KaVo Zr Users - What Dip?

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
For those of you using Kavo zr pucks, what dips are you using before sintering? I find this Zr to be quite dense and find some dips don't penetrate it.. thus, a little adjustment and you need to core stain it. We have tried the Weiland dip and the acid based ZZ stuff so far.

Thanks

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I use the AG liquid but don't really use the KaVo zr these days, I was told to run the puck material through a cleaning cycle in the furnace before dipping, apparently KaVo pucks are constructed differently to the 16/16 cylinders and it needs the cleaning cycle to open up the grain structure thus allowing better colour penetration.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
I use the AG liquid but don't really use the KaVo zr these days, I was told to run the puck material through a cleaning cycle in the furnace before dipping, apparently KaVo pucks are constructed differently to the 16/16 cylinders and it needs the cleaning cycle to open up the grain structure thus allowing better colour penetration.
Hi Pete,
What yz are u using and how do you get around the rfids?
Thanks
IV

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
For those of you using Kavo zr pucks, what dips are you using before sintering? I find this Zr to be quite dense and find some dips don't penetrate it.. thus, a little adjustment and you need to core stain it. We have tried the Weiland dip and the acid based ZZ stuff so far.

Thanks
Hi Devon,
I've tried vita, zz acid base, zz water base, and tanaka....the best results were after a yz clean in the porcelain furnace as recomended by vita and then dipping in zz acid base stains.(high temp of 700c and this is after getting the wax off in burn out furnace)
IV

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
If I wet-mill Zr, I dry it....then rub Blue Dawn dishwashing liquid (soap) onto it and let it soak in....then place in rubber bowl under running water for a few hours....then dry again.

This removes the milling oils and stains react much much better!

Otherwise, the stains bead-up like water on a waxed car and results are all over the place for me. I end up with concentrated stains where I cut the sprues and white spots, and spots of too much color.

It's a pain in the a55, but it works.

Scott

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
:confused:Scott, just an idea, how about if you soak the wet-mill Zr in acetone, it is a great degreaser!! or it will affect Zr?.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Why not Gasoline and just light it on fire? LOL

I use Acetone all the time, but not for this.

M.E.K. also works great, but causes Nervous-system issues.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
M.E.K. also works great, but causes Nervous-system issues.

Magyar Elektronikus Könyvtár, or the Hungarian Electronic Library, :confused: Lol

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi Pete,
What yz are u using and how do you get around the rfids?
Thanks
IV

I have used loads of different ones, we like Metoxit a lot though, as for the rfid. We had a compressor a few years ago that seemed to like tripping right in the middle of a mill cycle, and those stupid tags wont allow you to restart the mill from the stop point and if its a block then you are f****d because once its scanned then its used. Well one day we had a 6 unit bridge going and the comp tripped and I had run out of material, this thing was for a mate of mine and he really did need to work on it the next day, Rang our German friends and told them and the response was, we will get one out for you tonight, not much use when you have to get work out the door. So for the next 6 hours I gave myself a software masterclass and the rest, as they say is History.........

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
I have used loads of different ones, we like Metoxit a lot though, as for the rfid. We had a compressor a few years ago that seemed to like tripping right in the middle of a mill cycle, and those stupid tags wont allow you to restart the mill from the stop point and if its a block then you are f****d because once its scanned then its used. Well one day we had a 6 unit bridge going and the comp tripped and I had run out of material, this thing was for a mate of mine and he really did need to work on it the next day, Rang our German friends and told them and the response was, we will get one out for you tonight, not much use when you have to get work out the door. So for the next 6 hours I gave myself a software masterclass and the rest, as they say is History.........
Can you dumb down the sw masterclass to six minutes? Really though how do you even get in the software without the German password?
IV

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Can you dumb down the sw masterclass to six minutes? Really though how do you even get in the software without the German password?
IV

That password is easy (I can let you have it if you want) but you are looking in the wrong place my friend.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Butanone, also known as methyl ethyl ketone or MEK, is an organic compound with the formula CH[SUB]3[/SUB]C(O)CH[SUB]2[/SUB]CH[SUB]3[/SUB]. This colorless liquid ketone has a sharp, sweet odor reminiscent of butterscotch and acetone. It is produced industrially on a large scale, and also occurs in trace amounts in nature.[SUP][2][/SUP] It is soluble in water and is commonly used as an industrial solvent.
[SUP]
KaVo password is IBHAJ for North America at least.(shhhhh, don't tell anyone!)[/SUP]

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
[SUP]
KaVo password is IBHAJ for North America at least.(shhhhh, don't tell anyone!)[/SUP]

KaVo are going to be very busy for the next few weeks with people messing about inside the IBH software..............

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Step 1 - Clone HDD first. (I do this with everything I own)

Step 2 - Proceed to mess all you want!

Step 3 - ENJOY!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Step 1 - Clone HDD first. (I do this with everything I own)

Step 2 - Proceed to mess all you want!

Step 3 - ENJOY!

A man after my own heart, my only concern is the info saved on the IBH board it's self, if people change that information , then just putting a cloned drive back in wont revert the information back, but it is fun to play Lol