KaVo Everest CAM2

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
The CAM2 was released last Thursday in Germany (maybe the rest of Europe?)

Has anyone installed it yet? Tested it out? What do you think? Any tips?

R

RPIC

Reaction score
Hi,

How much did it cost you and what did you upgrade just the cam or software as well?

Regards,
Peter

B

brgo

Reaction score
I just got a price from Henry Schein $16000 but I still have to use the scanning pen, $30000 to have a totally open system, too much I'm really upset with this very disappointed.

B

brgo

Reaction score
But what are my options the Everest is a good mill I just want it open.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
jah, I know.

I have One as well.

Just not enough of them around the planet for a CAM company to open it at a decent price.

It's a weird controller system to try and work around.

B

brgo

Reaction score
I'm a bit stuck because my scanner is busted so I use exocad and rhino to design and convert my files then open it in the energy software and send it to the mill. I also use Dentmill from Delcam but I hate it.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
It is a total rip off. Still sat on the fence over what cam software to go with, Go2 was really nice software to use it was just too watered down being a trial version. Have asked for another go but this time I want to see it at its best.

B

brgo

Reaction score
I think I might start looking for a new mill that can cut titanium that is running on an open platform. It may cost more but no more hassles. Keep the kavo as a backup. Any suggestions?

Sydceramist

Sydceramist

Reaction score
After a lot of research I came to that conclusion brgo. Open is open gives us ever curious technicians the freedom we want especially us ozzies;)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I just got a price from Henry Schein $16000 but I still have to use the scanning pen, $30000 to have a totally open system, too much I'm really upset with this very disappointed.

$16k could buy ya a decent industrial CAM, fully open with top notch support... from NC experts...