Job offer...what am I worth ?

D

Dentalguy1975

Reaction score
A small lab that charges $ 117 plus metal , he's looking for better quality it's a family business an he took over 12 years ago. He gave me $20 per unit on my tryout so if I do 13-15 a day what should I ask for?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
A small lab that charges $ 117 plus metal , he's looking for better quality it's a family business an he took over 12 years ago. He gave me $20 per unit on my tryout so if I do 13-15 a day what should I ask for?
You should ask for $20-25ish an hour.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
$20 per unit to do what?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
13-15/day?

I thought you said he wanted better quality?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I would only work piece work. That way as long as the work was out on time and it met the labs QC standard how long I take for lunch is my business.

At somewhere between $25 and $30 dollars per unit labor if you do everything but the plaster work at a realistic 6 to 8 units a day that's a gross pay of around 4k a month. Just building finishing and stain and glaze you deserve less money per unit but 12 to 15 units a day would be doable and the pay check should be about the same. If you do better work and they can charge more you get more money working on a percentage of price based the 1/3 direct labor it should take to made a crown.

If the lab pays you much more than that at their current prices they are not very good at the business side of running a lab and your job is not very secure.

Top Bottom