Jacks wax or Jax wax????

Brian Turensky

Brian Turensky

Reaction score
Hello fellow technicians! I'm new here to the forums and soon to be a lab owner after working for 15 years for a few dental labs. I have used a product for doing setups called Jacks Wax or Jax wax, can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this product or where I may be able to purchase some? Thanks, Brian Turensky

Last edited:
AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Jacks Wax I would only order the set-up $72. 5# (around 140 sheets) baseplate $76. 5# (around 105 sheets) wax & shipping from Barnes Dental Products 1-800-252-6279
The setup is great hold tight teeth go where U want them.
There is more on waxes, denture techs seem to have a special place in their heart for wax. My first memory sitting with my dad was the smell & feel of the old Modern Material in the Yellow & blue box (mid 60's):top::hmmmm:
I am using Jacks for setting, shell waxes Nobilium #1 wax $40. 5# wax & shipping. & Yates & Byrd $62. 5# wax & shipping & Modern Materials® Modern Pink No. 3 $85. 5# wax & shipping Kerr Pink 5 Lb Hard No 5 $70. 5# (summer) for my shell carving wax.
I ordered some Rogson Wax Medium (Ethnic Meharry) 5b $47. is what they charged but it is 30 days I'm waiting for it. I;ll post more on it when I get it in I have some cases I would like to use it on I'm down to my last 7 sheets of ethnic wax.
http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f2/your-favorite-dentuer-wax-properties-7941/
http://dentallabnetwork.com/forums/f2/special-waxes-ethnic-8757/

Brian Turensky

Brian Turensky

Reaction score
Thanks AJEL, I looked all over the internet for Jacks wax and Jax wax and came up empty handed. I have used it for many years and never had to order it so I had no clue where to get it, I love it for setting teeth. Thanks again!!!

T

TECHARTISAN

Reaction score
Google 101

google search entry: "jack's wax" dental
6th result titled "JACKS WAX Logo - BARNESDENT PRODUCTS, INC. Logos"

2nd Google search entry: "BARNESDENT PRODUCTS" "jack's wax"
2nd result "Barnesdent Products - Products"

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
Hello fellow technicians! I'm new here to the forums and soon to be a lab owner after working for 15 years for a few dental labs. I have used a product for doing setups called Jacks Wax or Jax wax, can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this product or where I may be able to purchase some? Thanks, Brian Turensky

So R U up in the boundary waters? It sounds like U want to be a poor denture lab owner/s;ave how is the survey of DDS in the area? What kind of logistics R available to U? Just 180 months sure U have finished the apprenticeship? How can U be sure those labs showed U enough to do it yourself? Just kidding welcome, post a few more and have PM.:cool:

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
I use Memphis Dental Manufacturing Co.'s (800-729-9097) Baseplate wax #2 for both set up and waxing.

5 lb box @120 sheets $41.00 Comes in three shades red, pink, and white/yellow.

Brian Turensky

Brian Turensky

Reaction score
AJEL! No I do not live in the actual boundry waters area, it's 8-10 hours North of me. I have fished it a few times and if you are into fresh water fishing there is no other place in the world. I'm in the southern part of Minnesota where we have tons of cows and corn. The waters warm here and I'm gonna take a dip in the industry. Thanks for the welcome!!!!
PS: I just got off the phone with Allen from Barnsdent and have a 5# box of wax being shipped to me thanks to you!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have used this product and liked it, I think you will find that Yates and Bird all season wax is comparable if not superior for less money.

Welcome to the site.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I use Memphis Dental Manufacturing Co.'s (800-729-9097) Baseplate wax #2 for both set up and waxing.

5 lb box @120 sheets $41.00 Comes in three shades red, pink, and white/yellow.
Would the white yellow work well for a baselate? I've thought of trying that (we all have imignations we are artists!). I hope Memphis is at the Chicago show I have them on my list to check out if they are.

John I like the Yates for shell & carving but found the teeth just didn't stick in place for waxup. Maybe I should check out their booth as well. it is around $14. less per 5#

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
When I want to colorize the wax up I use the red as my base then eyedrop the white around the necks and cover with the pink. Ten minute brush technique to festoon and expose the different layers. It's what I call my StrataGT wax up technique. Takes about 11 minutes.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__NJ8y6LzdUAw_TyA3u4w3FQI_AAAAAAAAWvA_bmnK5nIOavM_s144_P1010017.JPG

P1010009.JPG

alh3.googleusercontent.com__NJ8y6LzdUAw_TyA3u4w3FQI_AAAAAAAAWvA_bmnK5nIOavM_s144_P1010017.JPG

Last edited:
CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Here are the steps:

1) Set up using the red:

alh5.googleusercontent.com__EA6a1vM5o2o_TyCQvwcpYRI_AAAAAAAAWvI_Yq_X8AvnbW4_s144_P1010003_3.JPG

2) Eye drop white wax and use hot spoon to seal edges:

alh6.googleusercontent.com__FKvzdo3FwuY_TyCQxpM_IgI_AAAAAAAAWvQ_N9lBaKoWabg_s144_P1010004_2.JPG

3) Cover with pink wax:

alh6.googleusercontent.com__QZ_gCpC873k_TyCQy6CC0fI_AAAAAAAAWvY_ibI1ieLH5BI_s144_P1010009_1.JPG

Oops out of focus but you get the idea.

4)The use the brush technique (BIG BRUSH don't try it with a B20) as demonstrated in my ten minute wax up video:

alh3.googleusercontent.com__2qu_R6tZEH8_TyCQ0AJqfRI_AAAAAAAAWvg_Tc97TsOYSaE_s144_P1010011_1.JPG
alh5.googleusercontent.com__EA6a1vM5o2o_TyCQvwcpYRI_AAAAAAAAWvI_Yq_X8AvnbW4_s144_P1010003_3.JPG alh6.googleusercontent.com__FKvzdo3FwuY_TyCQxpM_IgI_AAAAAAAAWvQ_N9lBaKoWabg_s144_P1010004_2.JPG alh6.googleusercontent.com__QZ_gCpC873k_TyCQy6CC0fI_AAAAAAAAWvY_ibI1ieLH5BI_s144_P1010009_1.JPG alh3.googleusercontent.com__2qu_R6tZEH8_TyCQ0AJqfRI_AAAAAAAAWvg_Tc97TsOYSaE_s144_P1010011_1.JPG

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Just now playing with this technique. The previous post is my second attempt using the eye dropper versus a sheet of white wax. The eye dropper does work a little better but takes extra time as you have to wait for the wax to cool enough to rotate the cast as you add. Here's one I did half colorized (using white strips) and half pink. The white is a lot more subtle this way. I'll have to try it with a doubled sheet next time.

alh6.googleusercontent.com__63oXZlg5clo_TyCc_aMATbI_AAAAAAAAWvo_HdjOF8_7Nls_s144_P1010013_1.JPG
alh6.googleusercontent.com__63oXZlg5clo_TyCc_aMATbI_AAAAAAAAWvo_HdjOF8_7Nls_s144_P1010013_1.JPG

Last edited:
kyleyounggun

kyleyounggun

Reaction score
Dentorium makes one of the best setup and waxing baseplate waxes around.

its on special now I think for only 40 bucks a box.

kellyniro98

kellyniro98

Reaction score
Nationwide dentures carries an AMAZINNNNNNNG #2 pink all season baseplate wax. i know alot of people that use theirs, and if your a first time buyer... they will go down to 30 for a 5lb box @ 120 sheets. its got a great consistency, and real nice light shade of pink. Would recommend anyone to try it. Also they sell Jacks wax as well for 42 a 5lb box. Hit me up, i'll give you their number.

Top Bottom