Ivoclar Inline

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
No, I think he uses it on both.. 760c is the stain temp and 740c is the glaze temp..
I am gonna experiment with it on a Mono Emax, push the temp to 770c under vac. I'll post the results.
Layered Emax, I use 730c under vac. I will also try InSync at that temp.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
No Inline users here??
Yap, I'm one. Love it.. Just picked up Ubassy's color and shape book 3 weeks ago.. Has really taken my perspective and my work to the next level.

User Name - I had the same problem with Inline at the margins.. I've had decent results just using a thin layer of deep dentin on the margins. I did an A2 yesterday using that technique and it was the closest to a perfect match as I'd ever seen.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone . I agree with desertfox384 . Deep dentin is working for me . I am also using a mix of CTy and ODo when I want to reproduce a nice warm color at the cervical .

Desertfox , Shape and color book is like the bible of dental technicians . I think everyone should have it . It is more than 20 years old , but everything there applies to our everyday work . Ubassy , is my hero , and when I met him and saw him work , I was mesmerized . The guy is on another level . Absolutely amazing . The best I have seen . Try his latest book also , Hints and Tricks . Great one .

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Hey everyone . I agree with desertfox384 . Deep dentin is working for me . I am also using a mix of CTy and ODo when I want to reproduce a nice warm color at the cervical .

Desertfox , Shape and color book is like the bible of dental technicians . I think everyone should have it . It is more than 20 years old , but everything there applies to our everyday work . Ubassy , is my hero , and when I met him and saw him work , I was mesmerized . The guy is on another level . Absolutely amazing . The best I have seen . Try his latest book also , Hints and Tricks . Great one .

I agree, its a great book. I have a book by Brix that is similar (I think its called fundamentals of color and shape or something like that) Ubassy's book blows his out of the water for me - It is far better at explaining and teaching than Brix's. Anyway his hints and tricks book is next.. I didn't want to read it before the first one. For darker A's I really like using a little ODO on the interproximals instead of the deep dentin, it adds a lot of depth. I wish inline had an occlusal dentin for the B's, and my other complaint is the D shade range is just not right.. I can't get that cervical d2/d3 to look right, it's just not the right hue, and the D2 alone does not have enough chroma. Any suggestions ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Fundamentals of esthetics . Great book . Also his last book , Fascinating All-Ceramics is awesome . Instant classic .

For the D shades , which I hate BTW , try the cervical dentin D2/D3 . it should do the trick.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Yes, I have it, and tried it many times. It just does not have the correct hue to my eye.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
To be honest , I haven't done a D shade in ages ! Sorry I can't help more !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

This is a case I finished today . Tough case because of the prepped teeth which were in awful positions .

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score

This is a case I finished today . Tough case because of the prepped teeth which were in awful positions .
Very nice, I use both inline and vitas vm13. I like the look of inline much better than vm13, but vm13 stacks much better than inline, what build up liquid are you using? Thx

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks , I use distiled water and a wet trayn and I don't mix the porcelain . That way it stays wet for more time , and it is more dense . I don't have any problems handling Inline , even on complex build ups with lots of powders . I was using VM 13 , and I have to say it is the worst ceramic I have ever used . Tearing , shrinknage , not nice color . Probably my fault of not using it correctly , but after several training courses I just couldn't work with it .

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
The issue Im having the most trouble with InLine is the opaque colors right at the margins. The porcelains are quite translucent so the opaque needs to be spot on. Theres no 'one' magic color that will hit a shade from cervical to incisal. I think the Finesse opaque guide is as good as it gets, but Im still having issues getting the right balance of chroma-value and staying in hue. For instance, the popular A-2...straight up the cervicals will be too bright; try using A-3 at the margins and the value comes down (good) but the chroma goes up too much (bad). Try some C-2 mixed in and it seems closer, but only in certain light...direct is good, but surround the crown and shade tab with your hand to 'shadow' it like in the mouth and the chrome is pretty good, but the value drops too much.

Has anyone tried a little emax shade pastes, in a stain-set firing? I did a few that way. Maybe lowered the value a little but no issues. Still expiramenting.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a little emax shade pastes, in a stain-set firing? I did a few that way. Maybe lowered the value a little but no issues. Still expiramenting.

I haven't tried that but I might do that , although I like the Inline stains a lot .

user name

user name

Reaction score
Yap, I'm one. Love it.. Just picked up Ubassy's color and shape book 3 weeks ago.. Has really taken my perspective and my work to the next level.

User Name - I had the same problem with Inline at the margins.. I've had decent results just using a thin layer of deep dentin on the margins. I did an A2 yesterday using that technique and it was the closest to a perfect match as I'd ever seen.
Im not pleased with the deep dentins. Compared to the regular dentins, they are slightly higher in value and have less chroma; theyre just more opaque. Id like a more chroma rich option, but in the correct hue for cervicals. The C shades, esp. C-3 and C-4 need more of an almost olive drab. Id like incisals that have some opal in them too, rather than mixing in opal effect violet and opal effect 1.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

Just to clarify, I layer the porcelain after firing the shade paste.

ICONDENTAL

ICONDENTAL

Reaction score
NICE WORK !!! what kind of framework id it on?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Im not pleased with the deep dentins. Compared to the regular dentins, they are slightly higher in value and have less chroma; theyre just more opaque. Id like a more chroma rich option, but in the correct hue for cervicals. The C shades, esp. C-3 and C-4 need more of an almost olive drab. Id like incisals that have some opal in them too, rather than mixing in opal effect violet and opal effect 1.
The one thing Inline seems to be missing is a cervical dentin for all the shades. Maybe add a touch of the OD brown to your deep dentin for the C shades, and OD orange for your A shades. You could also try one shade darker Opaque at the margins.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Top shelf! Id like to watch videos of others doing their builds. Very pretty.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

Why did you make screw retained implant crowns when the rest are cemented?