Ivoclar Inline

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone ,

After a year using Ivoclar Inline , I thought I would start a new thread , for discussion about the system . Techniques , things you have noticed and want to share , cases you'd like to demonstrate , all is welcome ! Let's share people !

Here is one from yesterday , 5 unit pfm , layered , with some gingiva .

This one is made with Inline One . No layering at all , only stains .

This is a full lower on 5 implants .

Waiting for others !! Thanks

M

martintay

Reaction score
Hey everyone ,

After a year using Ivoclar Inline , I thought I would start a new thread , for discussion about the system . Techniques , things you have noticed and want to share , cases you'd like to demonstrate , all is welcome ! Let's share people !

Here is one from yesterday , 5 unit pfm , layered , with some gingiva .

This one is made with Inline One . No layering at all , only stains .

This is a full lower on 5 implants .

Waiting for others !! Thanks
Very nice - and that Inline One looks impressive too !!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks Martin !! I like Inline One a lot ! I have also tried GC IQ One Body , but had great difficulties with luster pastes. I know , I must be the only person in the world struggling with that system !!!

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Glad to see you starting this InLine thread Drizzt. I just began trying InLine this week. So far so good. I agree with Martin, the ILOne bridge looks great especially for a one powder. Amazing!

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks ps2thtec ,

I find Inline easy and predictable . I was using Vita Vm 13 before , and the difference is huge . I had major problems with it , that couldn't solve . When the financial crisis began , my clients started pushing me to lower my price . I didn't want to do that , so I started working with Inline One , and offered it as a slightly cheaper alternative . I was very specific saying that the esthetics would be inferior to a layered crown . They accepted it . And also stopped pushing me for a lower price . I also got a new account because of that , a big account . So the One card turned out to be a nice one for our lab .

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Very nice Dimitres,
I use the Emax porcelain to pressed Emax , porcelan fused metal is Noritake i have been using for many years with no problems. Noritake Cerabian czr to zr. May be i should try the inline!.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I dig how deep the embrasures are to give illusion of separation. Too many time I see where bridge work looks like a block of glass with no separation.

Awesome work!

M

martintay

Reaction score
I dig how deep the embrasures are to give illusion of separation. Too many time I see where bridge work looks like a block of glass with no separation.

Awesome work!
Yes but beware guys !! I did a similar case with 3 adjacent pontics and horrendous occlusion ( my fault - looking for aesthetics ) Well it came back yesterday after 14 months :( The metal literaly broke in half !!!!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
If you are refering to the posterior bridge , the connection is at least 12 mm , so I think I am ok . Thanks for the nice comments , people , cheers !!!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Also , I like to play a lot with optical illusions . The seperation is not too deep, some dark stains , and a little grinding at the correct places , and there you have separation . Gerald Ubassy's book , Tricks and Hints , describle this perfectly !

M

martintay

Reaction score
If you are refering to the posterior bridge , the connection is at least 12 mm , so I think I am ok . Thanks for the nice comments , people , cheers !!!
Yes and only 1 pontic :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
I use it. Its ok. I miss Finesse.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Thanks Martin !! I like Inline One a lot ! I have also tried GC IQ One Body , but had great difficulties with luster pastes. I know , I must be the only person in the world struggling with that system !!!
Try Jensen's InSync stain & glaze, it has way more color options and is thinner that GC Lustre. Fires at 760c

user name

user name

Reaction score
Try Jensen's InSync stain & glaze, it has way more color options and is thinner that GC Lustre. Fires at 760c
Im curious..the Jensen InSync is for zirconia I think. Have you been using it on InLine? How about e.max? The firing temp might allow it, but doesn't the CTE cause issues? I realize its a super thin layer, but Im thinking there could be some crazing or delamination?

Their A B C & D body colors look very similar to Jensens Authentic stains. Those seem to fire on my porcelains well, but haven't tried them on zir or e.max.

The issue Im having the most trouble with InLine is the opaque colors right at the margins. The porcelains are quite translucent so the opaque needs to be spot on. Theres no 'one' magic color that will hit a shade from cervical to incisal. I think the Finesse opaque guide is as good as it gets, but Im still having issues getting the right balance of chroma-value and staying in hue. For instance, the popular A-2...straight up the cervicals will be too bright; try using A-3 at the margins and the value comes down (good) but the chroma goes up too much (bad). Try some C-2 mixed in and it seems closer, but only in certain light...direct is good, but surround the crown and shade tab with your hand to 'shadow' it like in the mouth and the chrome is pretty good, but the value drops too much.

You?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
The issue Im having the most trouble with InLine is the opaque colors right at the margins. The porcelains are quite translucent so the opaque needs to be spot on. Theres no 'one' magic color that will hit a shade from cervical to incisal. I think the Finesse opaque guide is as good as it gets, but Im still having issues getting the right balance of chroma-value and staying in hue. For instance, the popular A-2...straight up the cervicals will be too bright; try using A-3 at the margins and the value comes down (good) but the chroma goes up too much (bad). Try some C-2 mixed in and it seems closer, but only in certain light...direct is good, but surround the crown and shade tab with your hand to 'shadow' it like in the mouth and the chrome is pretty good, but the value drops too much.

Have you tried the Cerv Dent D2/3 at the neck, something I recall in one of Al's threads. I'm trying that out here having only started the system this week.

Have you tried the Cerv Dent D2/3 at the neck,something I recall in one of Al's threads. I'm
Trying that out here having only started the system this week.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I haven't tried InSync on Emax. I know Dennis(Gru) has and he likes it..

user name

user name

Reaction score
I haven't tried InSync on Emax. I know Dennis(Gru) has and he likes it..
Just on mono though, right? Not on a layered ceram; I think the firing temp is too high...?