Ivoclar ep5000

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This was what what I was wondering about. I biught an old EP500 awhile ago but hae never used it. I have an EP600 combi that I use daily. Maybe I could trade in the ep500 I bought.

This is from my Ivoclar sales weasel, great guy that emails me with trinkets of wisdom once in awhile :)

GREETINGS VALUED KEY ACCOUNTS:

I hope you find this email well, as this will be my last email to you regarding the EP 500 exchange promotion.

THIS IS TIME SENSITIVE DUE TO THE DEADLINE IS AUGUST 31.

All of you are aware that the 20+ year old EP 500 pressing furnace has been discontinued some time ago and now there are no major parts available for repair.

As in my previous email, for you, we have a Customer (Exchange) Loyalty Program for the EP500. Now, this does not mean you have to depart with your EP500.

Rather, keep it and use until its demise.

The Big Picture? New technology that provides you the fastest and truly the best in pressing technology.

Why you should want one?

· Presses 25% faster

· Needs no air compressor

· A true electronic pressing software, especially designed for e.Max Lithium Disilicate

· Pre-programmed pressing and Ceramic firing

· Awesome crack detection

· Energy savings feature

· 3 year warranty

The Customer (Exchange) Loyalty Program is as follows,

15% off an EP3000 or EP5000 and 1 year interest free financing! The program will run from March 1st -August 31st, 2011.

When you call me to discuss further to purchase I will need your serial number.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
I think it is a simple supply and demand thingy... looks like Ivoclar been very booked lately, good for them, they deserve it. They made grate strategic move many years ago with this technology, now they collecting fruit's of results. Sort of Apple in dental industry.

Last edited:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Thanks for that Rob

My Ivoclat rep isn't even sure I exist as I'm small. I will harass him Monday about this.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
I really should use the spell ck

Bedrock

Bedrock

Reaction score
I just de vested my first pressing from my new EP3000, as it came out of the box, two bicuspids, everything looks great. Now to just get some more business.

T

tooey

Reaction score
hello
while reading your post,I noticed that you say you have a Vita Vacumat 40-T
that you rarely use due to the amount of pressable work that you do.Have you thought
about selling the Vita? I am in the market for a good used oven.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Press came in today and we set it all up, and wow this thing is ridiculously over engineered. No more manually open and closing, its like the trunk on my Audi :) push a button and automatic. The flashing lights made me want to turn the lights out in the lab and turn on some techno music and see if any of my techs have dance moves.

Seriously though we are pressing with it tomorrow and I am excited to see the difference if any between the new and the old Top of the line Ivoclar furnace.

I will keep you posted.

CRWNMKR

CRWNMKR

Reaction score
Hey John, forget the ep5000, i want to see the techno-technician video

doug

doug

Reaction score
John, are you going to use it as it comes right out of the box?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Yep Doug we will run it straight without calibration. It will be a dup press of a real case for comparison to what we are getting with the older presses.

J

jimbdl

Reaction score
John ~ A year ago this month I bought the ep5000 ... 100% success rate, right out of the box. I press LT and HT (for value shades),100 gm and 200 gm rings everyday with amazing results. I have no doubt you will be over the top happy! Oh how e.Max has changed the way we do business. :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We ran 15 units through the new machine today and it was perfect out of the box,

Although we have EMAX pretty much dialed in I was hoping for something to slap me in the face, sadly we did not see a bit of difference between the old ep500 and the new Ep5000 pressings except for the bill thats coming :)

Oh well we needed the additional press for the volume we have been getting on these units so its a win win eventually. I am sure it will be another great purchase if the electronics hold up. Hell the old furnace is now over 10 years old and its still pluggin away.

doug

doug

Reaction score
I was hoping to hear you say that they were perfect except there was no reaction layer. how was the reaction layer?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Reaction layer was just as minimal as the older press. No benefit on the LT I pressed today

Whats odd and something I did not do or know is that the hold time is different for HT over LT. I was looking at the preloaded programs and it did not match what we had been using on our other oven.

Go figure.

We have another 20 units that will run through tomorrow, and the first bridge for the new unit.

Cliff notes, Its a great furnace, I am happy.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Cant you effect the translucency with high temp and hold time?

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Press came in today and we set it all up, and wow this thing is ridiculously over engineered. No more manually open and closing, its like the trunk on my Audi :) push a button and automatic. The flashing lights made me want to turn the lights out in the lab and turn on some techno music and see if any of my techs have dance moves.

Seriously though we are pressing with it tomorrow and I am excited to see the difference if any between the new and the old Top of the line Ivoclar furnace.

I will keep you posted.

I have two new ep 5000 and two ep 500 happy like a puppy so is my boss.:usa2::usa2::amen::amen:

When I get good camera will post some pictures of my beuties :)

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
A note on the Ivoclar customer appreciation deal, I was told Tuesday by my Ivoclar Rep that Ivoclar is now extending that deal through the end of the year. Hope that helps someone.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Reaction layer was just as minimal as the older press. No benefit on the LT I pressed today

Whats odd and something I did not do or know is that the hold time is different for HT over LT. I was looking at the preloaded programs and it did not match what we had been using on our other oven.

Go figure.

We have another 20 units that will run through tomorrow, and the first bridge for the new unit.

Cliff notes, Its a great furnace, I am happy.

the EP5000 should press restorations much quicker than the EP500.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
more than happy with me EP3000.

Was not plug and play though, i had to dial the temp in to get a result/reaction layer i was happy with (using ivoclar speed vest).

Pressing at 905 now in a 100g ring. (after calibration)

This does not sound normal, maybe it is my furnace. Im happy with the result im getting now though so i have not returned it.

I use the same program for HO,MO,LT and HT (and impulse)

Top Bottom