IvoBase system from Ivoclar

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Ummm boy, that sure is purdy.... :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Wow so tell me the maintenance on that unit it uses steam to eliminate the wax? Where does the residue go? Tell us more danny

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Wow so tell me the maintenance on that unit it uses steam to eliminate the wax? Where does the residue go? Tell us more danny

John I'm pretty sure flask still have to be boiled out same as traditional methods. The injection and curing is all done automatically within the machine.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John I'm pretty sure flask still have to be boiled out same as traditional methods. The injection and curing is all done automatically within the machine.
LOL

I knew that :) I was thinking of something else and mind farted.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
To inform of the procedure. The flask are slightly larger, inner space.
Some parts are different, do not need to change the injection nozzles after boil-out ( saves money).
Flask are lighter, and transmit heat faster. As for placing the flask into the chamber of the machine.
Slides in all the way to the back aligning the two green dots. Shut the door, and push selected button
desired for material you are injecting. It then clamps the flask and slowly raises the plunger to inject
material. You will occasionally hear a noise (grunt),of the plunger moving up applying force for the first five minutes,
then it starts the heat cycle and starts processing the acrylic. Full curing time (55 min),may seem long but
you are also not waiting 20 min for water to boil. For you that use Ivocap, it will cure the acrylic right at the tip of the sprue.
Very exact! I normally mix acrylic from tube to tube to use as much, but was only doing it twice with Ivocap as heat ( boiling water )
would harden it up too much. With this ( Ivobase ),I would say that it could be used at minimum, three times. Save more money,
and less waste. Also note: I still prefer to inject the Ivocap SR High Impact, due to the strength and tint. The system may seem
expensive to some, IMO well worth the money. As you can see, I have four machines, not pictured, 14 flask. This allows
the production flow to keep moving along. If are interested, get a hold of your Ivoclar rep, I was told they have a 30 day trial.
I am not affiliated with Ivoclar, just stating my facts & experiences.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have been looking at the system just out of curiosity, I am thrilled with my Ivocap system, the first thing that shocked me is that the acrylic capsules are priced about double of IVOCAP this seemed odd to me. Granted the difference between 5 and 10 bucks is small but will add up over a year for sure. Perhaps as you stated you can reuse resin, I have never done that as I am a wasteful person :)

All I can say Danny is you sure as hell must have got a great deal to bail and run to the other side after such a successful run with IVOCAP. Did you have to sign some contract to be the heartlands aficionado on the system :) Good for you buddy enjoy the new tools

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
I have been looking at the system just out of curiosity, I am thrilled with my Ivocap system, the first thing that shocked me is that the acrylic capsules are priced about double of IVOCAP this seemed odd to me. Granted the difference between 5 and 10 bucks is small but will add up over a year for sure. Perhaps as you stated you can reuse resin, I have never done that as I am a wasteful person :)

All I can say Danny is you sure as hell must have got a great deal to bail and run to the other side after such a successful run with IVOCAP. Did you have to sign some contract to be the heartlands aficionado on the system :) Good for you buddy enjoy the new tools

John, I am not using the Ivobase materials, and yes they do cost more. As for buying the machines. Bought the first one
at our IDLA meeting from Ivoclar, then purchased two demos from them. Also bought a new one off ebay from
a lab going out of business, then later bought their other used one. So a total of 5, just using 4 for right now.
If its something that I believe that will work well for the long run, I go for it. And I am no way affiliated with Ivoclar.
They dont really care of the equipment sales, they want my tooth business.

ottawa

ottawa

Reaction score
Are you using ivocap acrylic? Do you know if ivocap acrylic is more impact resistant then the two ivobase acrylics? Are you going to switch to ivobase acrylic? Have you had any porosity or remakes using the system? Are you using the system for framework partials and full dentures?
Thanks for posting your experience with the system.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Are you using ivocap acrylic? Do you know if ivocap acrylic is more impact resistant then the two ivobase acrylics? Are you going to switch to ivobase acrylic? Have you had any porosity or remakes using the system? Are you using the system for framework partials and full dentures?
Thanks for posting your experience with the system.

I am using the SR Ivocap High Impact Preference. Cannot answer of the Ivobase material. Have one here that was injected
the weekend I bought the unit, do not care for the shade (more of an orange tint). No remakes, had one that was short
on acrylic in the tube (note, the plunger does not extend as far up into the tube as Ivocap ),changed out the tube and had
no issues. Using this for everything, hybrids, partials and dentures.