iTero adding "tissue" to scans

Laura

Laura

Reaction score
Happy Thursday! Sometimes when I get a scan from one of my dentists (not always the same one) it will have these added tissue blobs onto the scan. Is it an issue with whomever scanned or is it an iTero issue? Sometimes when I try to cut it away it will leave holes in the teeth or gingiva... Sometimes I will get a scan and it doesn't have any added tissue. If anyone has had this happen and rectified the issue a little insight would be appreciated! Thank you! In this photo you can see what I'm referencing on number 10 and 7 (kinda)

1688653143883.png
and here is a different view 1688653246325.png

Z

ztech

Reaction score
Looks like a scan error, or more specifically the scans didn't stitch correctly. Based on other areas that have anomalies, I would bring it to providers attention.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
scan distortion, itero's process is automated so they don't know to convey to the doctor that somethings up with the scan. so it falls to you.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
thats all scan issues. either on the scan side or the stitching side like @ztech said.
carefully cutting those out is key....otherwise you end up cutting away things you might need

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Reject...Rescan. Let the Dr know and see this, to help them get better, and not us trying to patch it together and "make it work".

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Reject...Rescan. Let the Dr know and see this, to help them get better, and not us trying to patch it together and "make it work".
or make them do the cleanup.
usually it only takes a couple of those calls to sort it

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Why not just clean up the scan?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
or make them do the cleanup.
usually it only takes a couple of those calls to sort it
Yes, I agree, at least show them, so they can see what they get on our end. They do have the ability to preview the iTero scans before they send them, right?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I always add that it’s not me it’s the software that is rejecting your scan doc.
Very diplomatically worded, rkm, wisdom on display :) So it doesn't become a confrontation but of education.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Very diplomatically worded, rkm, wisdom on display :) So it doesn't become a confrontation but of education.
It’s probably my favourite thing about digital.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Looks like a scan error, or more specifically the scans didn't stitch correctly. Based on other areas that have anomalies, I would bring it to providers attention.
Agree with All below but is it possible you are looking at a Raw image before Itero models it. Seen those before, also, and was a wtf moment for sure.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Agree with All below but is it possible you are looking at a Raw image before Itero models it. Seen those before, also, and was a wtf moment for sure.
Well I guess above 🙄

G

GMoneyHomie

Reaction score
Happy Thursday! Sometimes when I get a scan from one of my dentists (not always the same one) it will have these added tissue blobs onto the scan. Is it an issue with whomever scanned or is it an iTero issue? Sometimes when I try to cut it away it will leave holes in the teeth or gingiva... Sometimes I will get a scan and it doesn't have any added tissue. If anyone has had this happen and rectified the issue a little insight would be appreciated! Thank you! In this photo you can see what I'm referencing on number 10 and 7 (kinda)

View attachment 43231
and here is a different view View attachment 43232
looks like they had AI cleanup turned off, Some offices do that so I can scan a bit easier.

Laura

Laura

Reaction score
thank you all so much! I asked for a new scan lol I'm not in the guessing business. They wanted an immediate valplast nesbit for #8 - would have undoubtably been a remake as I hate immediate valplast in general lol