is icam 5 exactly sum3d?

Dali k

Dali k

Reaction score
Do we have to buy the icam 5 for the icore machines? Would the sum3d do the same job?
I know that its the same software with different logos but does it (icam 5) comes with any special strategies or sittings for the icores ?
Any ideas about the prices?
the price for the icam 5 here in canada is 14k can$... i remember last year in chicago the sum3d was about 10k us$ thats about 11 can$...
We think its too much espicaly that we got this price in a package deal with the milling 450i ... etc.
Any thoughts?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Do we have to buy the icam 5 for the icore machines? Would the sum3d do the same job?
I know that its the same software with different logos but does it (icam 5) comes with any special strategies or sittings for the icores ?
Any ideas about the prices?
the price for the icam 5 here in canada is 14k can$... i remember last year in chicago the sum3d was about 10k us$ thats about 11 can$...
We think its too much espicaly that we got this price in a package deal with the milling 450i ... etc.
Any thoughts?

icam 5 is branded sum from icore there are generally two versions of sum for example 5 ax one is only for one type of mill for example 450 i ( 9.5 K Euro) its cheaper and one is full open ( 14.5 K Euro) for every mill a post processor exists so you have 5 different 5 ax mills you can run them with this version . If you buy from sum you get their strategies if you buy from icore you get their strategies and icore has although a cheaper version too with only for example soft materials. icore has now although a version of hyperdent if you want to mill lava too that time for 250 and 450 if you dont have the mill have a look at 350 i . At last the price depended although on the reseller ( how big how many licence) and on exhibition 10 % off is normal

Top Bottom