Is anyone else Printing?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I was just curious to see if there were any others out there Printing like I am. We have the DP 3000. It works great for Emax, Empress and PFM's. We love it here!! Does anyone have questions or concerns about printing? I'd love to hear thoughts!

Last edited:
Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I was just curious to see if there were any others out there Printing like I am. We have the DP 3000. It works great for Emax, Empress and PFM's. We love it here!! Does anyone have questions or concerns about printing? I'd love to hear thoughts!

Printing on a DP3K as well and love it. As temperamental as those printers can be, they definitely have dramatically cut costs and expanded our production in the lab.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Yeah. Temperamental they may be, but we've had some decent luck. It helps in production very much so. I like the fact that you actually have the correct amount of cement space. Unlike milling, which has to have drill compensation for the bur. IE better more accurate fits.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I know a little about that printer.
You want to buy another?

Scott

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Haha. No, we have one, but thank you. Do you not use yours anymore? Problems?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Haha. Sorry about that. Call me back at 205-420-8471. I was actually on the phone with someone else. Just call me back at any time man. No problem. Sorry. Thanks.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Oh well...I'm going to go get some grub for my empty belly.

Maybe later I guess?

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
No we stopped printing and started milling. Anyone looking for an EnvisionTec printer then hit me up. Got a good one for a great price!!

C

Chris Halke

Reaction score
No we stopped printing and started milling. Anyone looking for an EnvisionTec printer then hit me up. Got a good one for a great price!!

If I may inquire why? Also what model and price on the EnvisionTEC?

We are using both EnvisionTEC and DP3000 to print. DP3000 is great... when it works. Too many moving parts!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Mine broke again today.

Thermistor wire broke on support umbilical.

Tiny tiny wire the size of human hair. Gheez.

I re-soldered and back in business.

There are a LOT of moving parts and heaters and crap.

C

Chris Halke

Reaction score
Yeah we are currently getting repairs done on ours too.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
If I may inquire why? Also what model and price on the EnvisionTEC?

We are using both EnvisionTEC and DP3000 to print. DP3000 is great... when it works. Too many moving parts!

Our Zr outsourcing was getting to be very costly so we decided if we could cut that cost by at least 1/3 to 1/2 then we could mill wax also. It's not very cost effective to print 15-25 units a day. I need to be like Scott and have a lot of outsourcing of other peoples wax patterns to make the cost a min. Plus for the cost of a bulb and material I can do more units with a mill for the price. It's like $1000 for the material and $1200 for the bulb. Thats over 200 wax disks at 30 units a piece. Plus if one mis-casts or something happens to it 8 min in the mill and I have a new one, instead of 3 hours printing. We have the Perfactory III DDP(the large unit). I believe we have it listed on here at $50,000

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I can show you Third party Resin and Bulbs....if you want?

You are silly to stick with Envisiontec material and bulbs.

No profit with that stuff. Too much mark-up.

We usually print Jewelry and all sorts of crap mixed in with teeth, and that helps out a LOT with profit.

Stick your nose out into other Industries. Prototyping is a BIG world.

I joined a Hobby forum and get all sorts of files for R/C cars and planes and Helicoptors and stuff.

Get out into the web and spread your crap everywhere!

Whore out that machine! Like a pimp Mac-Daddy!

You wanna be a player, or not?

amedia.onsugar.com_files_2011_01_03_1_1331_13311615_6f_56095738_15d318e014.jpg
amedia.onsugar.com_files_2011_01_03_1_1331_13311615_6f_56095738_15d318e014.jpg

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Hey ***,

I told my boss we need to start printing things for other people besides in the dental field. We have plenty of down time that the printer isn't running. He said he didn't care, as long as we got out stuff printed we needed to get done every day. Haha. Who knows right?!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Today we printed another one-of-a-kind Ring that is to be sold for......$250,000 to some rich bastard in Northern VA.

Good stuff!

You can do it too!

O

OACADCAMSCANNER

Reaction score
Can you show me where to find third-party resin and lamps? We use Envisiontec as well, my only concern is that this may void the warranty if we use these resins and lamps. Do you know if the warranty will hold up if we use others?

O

OACADCAMSCANNER

Reaction score
Nevermind, sorry, it voids the warranty. We are not interested in losing the warranty.

stt672

stt672

Reaction score
Today we printed another one-of-a-kind Ring that is to be sold for......$250,000 to some rich bastard in Northern VA.

Good stuff!

You can do it too!

Senator Mark Warner or Jim Web?