Import stl files in Dental Wings

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
I'm trying to import scan files from Identica Blue to Dental Wings for designing. I can import succesfully preparation model scan and antagonists model scan, but separately. Is there a way to import them together, as a full case?
Thanks in advance!

G

Gabriel

Reaction score
I think you won't find a lot of Dental Wings fans here... But if you can import preparation scan and byte scan it means there is nothing wrong with the scan files. When you import the files you have 4 spaces where you can chose the path to scan files corresponding to Preparation, Byte, Waxup and Gingiva. You just select each file in its corresponding slot and then you press ok and they should all be imported at the same time.

nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
I think you won't find a lot of Dental Wings fans here... But if you can import preparation scan and byte scan it means there is nothing wrong with the scan files. When you import the files you have 4 spaces where you can chose the path to scan files corresponding to Preparation, Byte, Waxup and Gingiva. You just select each file in its corresponding slot and then you press ok and they should all be imported at the same time.
Well, the problem is that I have 3 scan files to import. One for the prep model, one for the antagonists and one for the stumps. I cannot import the stumps scan file because there is no such option. Also, I don't have the choice to import prep and stumps scan files simultaneously. This could be my solution but it's not an option in DW.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
When the creator of the mesh did the scans, it was their responsibility to reposition/register those meshes within the cad. If you import these into dwos and it doesn't recognize them as dies you likely cannot "reposition them" are you importing individual scans into the scan application? Or are you using the actual scan import application?

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
go in to medit scanner "Settings" and at "Preparation teeth data saving sep" select no, now all is ok you can import in to DW.
IMAG0932.jpg

Last edited:
nik1618kin

nik1618kin

Reaction score
When the creator of the mesh did the scans, it was their responsibility to reposition/register those meshes within the cad. If you import these into dwos and it doesn't recognize them as dies you likely cannot "reposition them" are you importing individual scans into the scan application? Or are you using the actual scan import application?
Yes, I'm using the scan import application. I have 3 files. One prep model, one "dies" model and antagonist model. In exocad, when you import scan files you are able to import multiple files. You select prep model and dies model and they are automatically find their correct position. But in DWOS you cannot do that.

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
Yes, I'm using the scan import application. I have 3 files. One prep model, one "dies" model and antagonist model. In exocad, when you import scan files you are able to import multiple files. You select prep model and dies model and they are automatically find their correct position. But in DWOS you cannot do that.
Did you see my post?

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
I had the same problem...:)

Top Bottom