Identica Blue

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen's, have questions : I have Identica Blue . My dealer stop selling medit scanners, so I do not have any support with Identica or exocad ..
When I scan dies with thin insical edges , I am getting a lot of holes and have to do a lot of ad on scans . Is this normal??
Also , try to scan bite in metal articulator , but scanner captured only lower arch . What I am doing wrong ?

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Hello ladies and gentlemen's, have questions : I have Identica Blue . My dealer stop selling medit scanners, so I do not have any support with Identica or exocad ..
When I scan dies with thin insical edges , I am getting a lot of holes and have to do a lot of ad on scans . Is this normal??
Also , try to scan bite in metal articulator , but scanner captured only lower arch . What I am doing wrong ?

i did not use that scanner, however, for the first problem i think you need to powder on those thin incisal edges.

for the second problem, i never scan any opposite or bites on articulator, i find it easier for all scanners and cases to do bite registration with hard putty , then scan it over the preparation.
it will give me the bite and the opposite at the same time, so it will save the scanning time and all problems related to articulaters.

hopefully this will work for you.
best wishes

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score

Hard angels on thin parts can be a problem for scanners depended on the model material , color and scan angle try scan spray white. If the scanner sees only the lower jaw the jaw is too high mounted for the scanfield its 60 mm high so if the upper jaw starts at 61 mm its out of range for the cameras, but you can change the scan angle additional scans with lower "nose down" like you cant see your eyes in a camera on a tripod you pull your nose ( chin) down than the camera see your eyes.

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Try to change the default brightness, no red on the screen is better on this thin area …
I agree with cadfan says …

;)

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I did try that and spay also, all the same

are your models on the rotation ax and is the model in the center of the field on the medit se its possible to project a cross on the model ( scan software settings) although a few other things deviation for example. The rotation ax is on the height of the surface of the calibration panel.Il think blue the same.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Sorry for your bad luck with your reseller, and all the more reason to search out the best dealer when buying any scanner and mill. I would PM and call as many Medit users as you can to learn the best resellers.
Axsys Dental and Scott are 2 DLN sponsors who sell Medit scanners that could help with your problems. I would immediately change over your support which may mean paying in advance for your next years Exocad support ? I'm assuming your scanner is less than a year old ? Depending on your Exocad experience, I would also go to this new reseller for additional training since they will probably change over the platform.
fyi the Blue scanner had some problems when it first came out if you have had it for awhile. Haven't head of any problems with the Blue this year.

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
photo.JPG
Tis is the image from the one of the scans. You can see holes on the insical edges

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
What version on your Medit ?
Is it the last for USB 3 ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Why don't you change your support with a different company? Tons of sponsors on here that will do it, I've done it, had tremendous success!!!

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Why don't you change your support with a different company? Tons of sponsors on here that will do it, I've done it, had tremendous success!!!
LabGuy, can you share the name of the company that made you happy

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
LabGuy, can you share the name of the company that made you happy

Axsys Dental Click Here
Ask for Chris Brown, tell him I said 'Hi", dudes a genius when it comes Exocad, updating, adding modules, reconfiguring your pc for best output and giving you ideas in areas of growth for your lab in the digital arena. He actually came to our lab to make sure everything was good to go, verify what we were getting back from the various milling centers was spot on.

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Hi edward,
What version of identica blue do you use ? The last is the 1.15. Make the update from your identica software. If you have a problem, contact me at [email protected] I will send you the software.
About the bite, can you send me a photo of the articulator inside the scanner ? I think that you ave a problem of height. Do you do as the photo into the identica box with the support cylinder ?

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Hi edward,
What version of identica blue do you use ? The last is the 1.15. Make the update from your identica software. If you have a problem, contact me at [email protected] I will send you the software.
About the bite, can you send me a photo of the articulator inside the scanner ? I think that you ave a problem of height. Do you do as the photo into the identica box with the support cylinder ?
Hi Jean-Michel, I do have 1.15 version .

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
ok. Are you ok for a team viewer session ?

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
ok no problem. Send me a mail tomorrow and we will check that together.

Top Bottom