Icam v5, icam v5eco

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been offered 2 versions of icam with the imes 250I with the eco version being almost half the price of the full version. Can I modify strategies in the eco version? What are the main differences between the 2? Regards
Anthony

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
If it is half the Price I highly doubt you will be able to do a lot as far as modifications go. Eco is most likely their version of a simple click cam not a lot of skill required, simple set and cut. Just ask them what the difference is between the to.

L

le-ant

Reaction score
If it is half the Price I highly doubt you will be able to do a lot as far as modifications go. Eco is most likely their version of a simple click cam not a lot of skill required, simple set and cut. Just ask them what the difference is between the to.
The guys supplying the 250I here prefer to sell with hyperdent, but it costs over 10k for the full version. They're not that clued up on the icam, and I can't find icam v5 eco on the imes website.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
imes always sells open version the main difference you cant upgrade this version to a " full open " version its limited in post processing only on 250 i. In general their are sum versions out for small mills like 250 or the bigger 350 up and the full open , full open means you have all posts for all avilable mills around 14.5 for bigger mills like 350 or bigger a single post processor 8-9.5 k only for this mill but upgradeable to full open.and for the smaller like 250 around 4 k not upgradeable to full open but every material and full editable.

L

le-ant

Reaction score
imes always sells open version the main difference you cant upgrade this version to a " full open " version its limited in post processing only on 250 i. In general their are sum versions out for small mills like 250 or the bigger 350 up and the full open , full open means you have all posts for all avilable mills around 14.5 for bigger mills like 350 or bigger a single post processor 8-9.5 k only for this mill but upgradeable to full open.and for the smaller like 250 around 4 k not upgradeable to full open but every material and full editable.
Cheers for the explanation. Just to clarify, for 4k the software is limited to only the 250i but I can mill all materials and edit strategies. If I buy the full v5 cam I can do all that, but also get post processors for other mills.
Thanks again;)

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Perfect!! It would be great if I could get a post processor to run my zenotec hybrid. Thanks again cadfan :)

N

nexdent

Reaction score
I have got an additional question. We are planning to buy the 350i as well and I don't know if I have to buy v5 (Sum3D) or v4.6. What experiences do you have with Sum3D? Do you think it's worth about 9k? Is it easy to handle?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
I have got an additional question. We are planning to buy the 350i as well and I don't know if I have to buy v5 (Sum3D) or v4.6. What experiences do you have with Sum3D? Do you think it's worth about 9k? Is it easy to handle?

the basic procedere until the strategie is loaded the rest you see in the strategie is just editing for your needs but not necessary but you can if you want. Upside right herunterladen it doesent work direkt . Worth every cent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93877e73piz27un/Sum a few things_3_0.mp4?dl=0