I Am Angry.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Sorry, I misunderstood the "outside the lab" part. Please excuse me.

No, you guys got me wrong on it: they were mostly right and I needed to improve. Only horrible people would say something like that to be hurtful, or true friends would stick their necks out because they care. These were the second, to be sure. Too personal, I guess. Maybe I should edit it out?
You fell victim to sarcasm.....

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
ok guys to a serious subject, any body of you did fruit tree grafting?:)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Never had the ability to differentiate....apparently never will. Oh well, could be worse!

You and me both.

Lets get serious about something...and a little strange

I saw a short news story the other day that talked about naming your kids. They claimed that your name forms who you become. The claim was that after creating some computer program and inputing faces and names, the computer could look at different people, not the ones used to create the program, and it could with a high degree of accuracy tell a persons name based on their appearance.

The Bible says that as a man thinks, so shall he become. We as techs are a special subset of humanity. I have quirks and I know most of you do too. Im not really going anywhere with this; just thinking. Its one of the things I like to do.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Yes, on citrus trees. Works great. Used to have lemons limes and tangerine on one tree. Then hurricane came through and knocked downs some bigger trees and they crushed the little citrus tree.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
You guys have friends?
Used to have a chitload of so called friends leaching on me...now cut back to only a handful...

My grampa did a lot of grafting and I learned helping him...don't do it anymore, there's no point grafting spruce trees in our climate...Dontknow

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Yes, on citrus trees. Works great. Used to have lemons limes and tangerine on one tree. Then hurricane came through and knocked downs some bigger trees and they crushed the little citrus tree.
Nice, I am going to do apricot grafting this spring/ summer

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You and me both.

Lets get serious about something...and a little strange

I saw a short news story the other day that talked about naming your kids. They claimed that your name forms who you become. The claim was that after creating some computer program and inputing faces and names, the computer could look at different people, not the ones used to create the program, and it could with a high degree of accuracy tell a persons name based on their appearance.

The Bible says that as a man thinks, so shall he become. We as techs are a special subset of humanity. I have quirks and I know most of you do too. Im not really going anywhere with this; just thinking. Its one of the things I like to do.
Lot of Roberts on here. What does that say?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Speaking of grafting, my little brother didnt have eardrums and they used skin grafts to create his.
They got the skin from his webbed toes.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Speaking of grafting, my little brother didnt have eardrums and they used skin grafts to create his.
They got the skin from his webbed toes.
Kidding,right?, because I can't tell now a days:)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Read 'an Anthropologist on Mars'. Medical stuff that will make you wonder.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Read 'an Anthropologist on Mars'. Medical stuff that will make you wonder.
Oliver Sacks' death was indeed a great loss to our understanding of neurobiology. "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat" is also excellent.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Kidding,right?, because I can't tell now a days:)
The skin from webbed feet can be stretched tight enough to work as a tympanic membrane substitute.
They have been doing that since the 80's.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
The skin from webbed feet can be stretched tight enough to work as a tympanic membrane substitute.
They have been doing that since the 80's.
From all those D cell eating boom boxes...

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Oliver Sacks' death was indeed a great loss to our understanding of neurobiology. "The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat" is also excellent.
Oliver has a son, he's taking over where his father left off, his name is Harold. They call him Harry tho, Harry Sacks.