I Am Angry.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
thats shocking?

There are many ways to respond to this... For me yes, its shocking. I wouldnt want to do that much work everyday.. Im not saying it isnt possible.. There are so many variables that go into that, it would take a whole subforum to discuss it (while the work piles up). I dont work more than 50 hours a week.. so I guess anything is possible if you work day and night? I dont do anywhere close to that.. I make a great living, I have 2 scanners and a mill, and my lab is completely debt free.. so Im glad I dont have to work that hard.

user name

user name

Reaction score
There are many ways to respond to this... For me yes, its shocking. I wouldnt want to do that much work everyday.. Im not saying it isnt possible.. There are so many variables that go into that, it would take a whole subforum to discuss it (while the work piles up). I dont work more than 50 hours a week.. so I guess anything is possible if you work day and night? I dont do anywhere close to that.. I make a great living, I have 2 scanners and a mill, and my lab is completely debt free.. so Im glad I dont have to work that hard.
Work that hard?! 10 a day is almost slacker:D. Im only averaging 10ish because Ive quit doing the Government work for the VA...but that's set to change soon, so I will be busy again. Once the new Govt contract goes into effect, I should be pounding in the 15-20 range. That will be work, but that's what I like.

Just look at this forum and how its changed the last couple years. We talk about the goofiest stuff (we have time to visit),and there are so many fewer problems we're wrestling with. This digital stuff scared the crap out of me. Now Im doing all metal free (old techs dreams) and the quality and consistency is great.

When I sit back an think how I used to do 15-20 by myself PFM style, I don't know how I ever did it.

Thank you Kevin, Eliseo, Ryan, Nina, Michelle, and Gina. I couldn't have done it with out you.

Team Jensen Baby.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
There are things worth more to me than money.. so I was never at this to get rich, although the money is great, its definitely not what drives me. If I produce more, nobody would care but me.. Owning a lab is a lifestyle choice.. if I had to do production in my own lab, I would feel like I was back at the grind I was dying to get away from. Dont get me wrong, its nice not having to worry about if work is coming in.. but if 50 people a week relied on me to make them a perfect crown, I would feel like lucy in the factory... and Ive had months like that, bending over backwards to make due dates. And guess what, nobody gave a shat.

Like 2th said, its finding the right clients that is the hardest and most rewarding part, because when everything is running like a well-oiled machine, its actually enjoyable.. 1 unit or 10 units a day. Of course if I was working for the VA, I would bang some out too! Probly wouldnt trim dies or glaze crowns either!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
ive been on all sides of the spectrum, but as a solo guy trying to get established and grow a successful business that I don't have to be the one and only soul working...10 a day is cake. was talking to someone today about a solo guy who is "swamped" with work and has 4-5 crown and bridge clients. I don't know what his workload is, but I have 23 c/b clients with 8-10 of them being just about average on the workload. (3-5 units a week) im not starving for sure, and if I raised prices some I would be working less...but then I might be starving too lol.
im trying to get where you are (and others),so this is just part of what it takes I guess. not proud of working my life away here, and def doing what it takes to make the end result better! props to you for making it there, not everyone does

user name

user name

Reaction score
I work driven by fear that it may not always be there for me. I grew up being told Ill never amount to anything, so I guess deep inside I still fear that. You guys all seem to 'know' stuff outside the lab. This is all I got baby. One trick.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
You are better than that! Otherwise you would not be on this forum, right?
So to quote that pop song "Shake it off" and trust yourself. Go to a lake and dump that fear.
LCM

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
You are NEVER too old to learn something new and be something better than yesterday, until you're dead. A number of years ago a couple very special friends took me to dinner and told me I was absolutely boring, not interesting, and didn't offer much at any level to those around me. They told me to work on it (get a hobby or two, develop interests and work on personal interaction) and a couple years later delivered to me a "certificate" of improvement for contributing to their well being. Still one of the most personally valuable pieces of paper I have because it says "you can be more".

Last edited:
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You are NEVER too old to learn something new and be something better than yesterday, until you're dead. A number of years ago a couple very special friends took me to dinner and told me I was absolutely boring, not interesting, and didn't offer much at any level to those around me. They told me to work on it (get a hobby or two, develop interests and work on personal interaction) and a couple years later delivered to me a "certificate" of improvement for contributing to their well being. Still one of the most personally valuable pieces of paper I have because it says "you can be more".
So what did you do; get new friends?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive actually got things going on. As far as making $$, the lab is where Im all-in, but Im interesting and have a life.

If anyone ever said that crap to me that your 'friends' said to you, thered be some problems. It would start with
F-U and end with a mess on the floor that Im not picking up.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
wow, Gru is me, just a few chapters ahead of the story.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Ive actually got things going on. As far as making $$, the lab is where Im all-in, but Im interesting and have a life.

Sorry, I misunderstood the "outside the lab" part. Please excuse me.

No, you guys got me wrong on it: they were mostly right and I needed to improve. Only horrible people would say something like that to be hurtful, or true friends would stick their necks out because they care. These were the second, to be sure. Too personal, I guess. Maybe I should edit it out?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You guys have friends?

user name

user name

Reaction score
I think you guys are all pretty cool. Im envious a bit when you all start sharing about beverages, trips, computer knowledge, other various esoteric stuff. I just wish I knew more of everything. I am the most interesting guy I know, but I don't really know a lot of people.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
wow, Gru is me, just a few chapters ahead of the story.
Do you actually have any friends that would take you out to dinner? Maybe that's what you mean by a few chapters ahead?