Hybrids and materials to use

D

Dimis

Reaction score
Good questions...I'm only about 2.5 years out that I have in the mouth. The only issue I saw was the pink composite needed the high shine (took two seconds) put back on it. Also, that I concaved the tissue side too much...it wasn't horrible, but I could see where if the patient didn't do her yearly recall it would pose a hygiene issue. However, if you have the proper vertical room, you shouldn't have to concave the tissue side at all. The other ones I wasn't in the office during recall but I haven't heard anything bad either.
To be honest on the one peek that I did (ok as I said I wasn't experienced ) and broke when they brought it back to the lab I noticed small pieces of composite missing like they chipped of and I've seen other small cracks as if the composite was gonna chip more. I thought that that was because the peek flexes and it cracks the composite what do, you think? I also had the concavity issue on the tissue side [emoji3]

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
PEEK requires a special surface treatment, you cant just stick composite to it and expect it to stay.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Also need to stay within the material parameters regarding strength.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
To be honest on the one peek that I did (ok as I said I wasn't experienced ) and broke when they brought it back to the lab I noticed small pieces of composite missing like they chipped of and I've seen other small cracks as if the composite was gonna chip more. I thought that that was because the peek flexes and it cracks the composite what do, you think? I also had the concavity issue on the tissue side [emoji3]
Not sure about the PEEK...but the Pekkton didn't do that at all. If you really want to get more hands-on experience with high performance polymers get with Lee Mullins and Phil Reddington, they are wizards at this stuff. I know Lee does a one-on-one course (which you never see anymore),but they are all over the world doing day and weekend lectures depending where you live. The BDT technique is one of the techniques they invented using these high performance polymers. Bill Marais is the guru here in the United States and he does a lot of stateside courses. Danny Roberts (also member here) is probably the guru I'd trust for anything metal hybrid or any bar for that matter. John Wilson (was a member here) is the go to guy for Zirconia hybrids here in the states as well. Bob Hicks is the smartest cookie I know when it comes to putting attachments and bars together, in the states also. I know Dimitris (a member here) does quite a bit of various type of hybrids as well (he's in europe). Those are the list off my head that I'd pick their brain when it comes to this type of work. Keep at it, it's a learning process for sure, but I would seriously look into some of these courses/lectures if you want to become very proficient at it. Hope that helps.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If youre an in-house lab, it seems to me, that doing a peek hybrid with individual crowns is probably the most technique sensitive and time-consuming ways to do a hybrid. I hope youre getting paid more for these, if not I would be getting a bar milled and processing composite teeth over it in acrylic, done.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Wait - John Wilson "was" a member here?
I missed something?
LCM

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
all that talk of cult von grow.

and this place is a huge waste of time. he probably wanted to knuckle down.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Shucks. Will miss the big guy. Should have given him a sending off party online.
LCM

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
all that talk of cult von grow.

and this place is a huge waste of time. he probably wanted to knuckle down.
Sounds like the 2000th iteration of that topic.
Always seems to end the same way, too...

Any good zingers?

Top Bottom