How Would You Handle This Immediate?

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Hey, John!

Happy Birthday my fellow fool...though I got dibs on being the day's namesake.

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I know that if I hadn't communicated with the restorative doc and the OS the results would have been less than desirable. The lab slip just said fab immediate denture, if possible??? I had never done a case with the tissue in this bad of condition... smaller ones... So thanks to everyone that confirmed my thoughts... I met with the OS, got an idea exactly what and how much was to be removed; shaped the cast with the teeth still on the cast to give reference and not be overly aggressive. Contacted the restorative doc and he asked to show a little more tooth than the natural..

My feelings after meeting the patient is that this will be the permanent denture do to finances.. We will see...

I have to give a little to Candulor on the Preference teeth.... Excellent! They give me the ability to keep up my personal standards for immediate dentures and acrylic partials.. The added bonus... Profitability!

Ken, you were right on the money, lady is an epileptic and a diabetic..

On a side note: Seeing the case in the mouth; if I were to do it again I might would blunt 6 and 11 a little more to give a softer appearance... What do you say??

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hey, John!

Happy Birthday my fellow fool...though I got dibs on being the day's namesake.

Thanks Tim! Back at ya..

And for the record I have been called much worse :)

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I know that if I hadn't communicated with the restorative doc and the OS the results would have been less than desirable. The lab slip just said fab immediate denture, if possible??? I had never done a case with the tissue in this bad of condition... smaller ones... So thanks to everyone that confirmed my thoughts... I met with the OS, got an idea exactly what and how much was to be removed; shaped the cast with the teeth still on the cast to give reference and not be overly aggressive. Contacted the restorative doc and he asked to show a little more tooth than the natural..

My feelings after meeting the patient is that this will be the permanent denture do to finances.. We will see...

I have to give a little to Candulor on the Preference teeth.... Excellent! They give me the ability to keep up my personal standards for immediate dentures and acrylic partials.. The added bonus... Profitability!

Ken, you were right on the money, lady is an epileptic and a diabetic..

On a side note: Seeing the case in the mouth; if I were to do it again I might would blunt 6 and 11 a little more to give a softer appearance... What do you say??

I think that you're probably right about 6 & 11, but just barely. This is a great arrangement, and the fact that its an immediate blows me away.
I think pictures tend to make us all want to tweek what we've done ( I know it happens to me),but considering this had no trial or chance for revision at all? Beautiful!

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
Hey Brian, did you do this immediate? It's an Ivocap...which is their top-of-the-line denture. I get to reline it. Doc wants to know if I can reduce the labial flange. Sure I can...but I can't fix the butt ugly set up and wax up. It came with a lower partial (see wironium thread) that he wants the teeth moved up so they 'all' make contact with the upper. No problem making contact...I just thank God he didn't ask me to fix the occlusion.

alh6.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhPaTCeI_AAAAAAAAR_Y_C3A6RJI_CkE_s400_P1010011.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhpMD9tI_AAAAAAAAR_c_5tz_w7ZMkcA_s400_P1010004_2.JPG
alh6.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhPaTCeI_AAAAAAAAR_Y_C3A6RJI_CkE_s400_P1010011.JPG alh4.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhpMD9tI_AAAAAAAAR_c_5tz_w7ZMkcA_s400_P1010004_2.JPG

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
Oh come on your the great Tim Lane you can make that look exellent with a little time and effort. There may or may not have been sarcasm there I will let you decide.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
That's not sarcasm. When you say "the great Tim Lane" you're simply being redundant. :D

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
good one! no really, I'm not being sarcastic that was a good one;)

hydent

hydent

Reaction score
I bet Ivoclar would like to use that picture for marketing purposes. Look how natural that acrylik looks and the artistic way it was waxed up. what a great ad that would make for Ivocap.

Brian

Brian

Reaction score
Hey Brian, did you do this immediate? It's an Ivocap...which is their top-of-the-line denture. I get to reline it. Doc wants to know if I can reduce the labial flange. Sure I can...but I can't fix the butt ugly set up and wax up. It came with a lower partial (see wironium thread) that he wants the teeth moved up so they 'all' make contact with the upper. No problem making contact...I just thank God he didn't ask me to fix the occlusion.

alh6.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhPaTCeI_AAAAAAAAR_Y_C3A6RJI_CkE_s400_P1010011.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhpMD9tI_AAAAAAAAR_c_5tz_w7ZMkcA_s400_P1010004_2.JPG

No, but it's pretty...
alh6.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhPaTCeI_AAAAAAAAR_Y_C3A6RJI_CkE_s400_P1010011.JPG alh4.ggpht.com__dN32NxT_ME4_S75XhpMD9tI_AAAAAAAAR_c_5tz_w7ZMkcA_s400_P1010004_2.JPG

Denturist

Denturist

Reaction score
Hey Brian..... That was a fine job you did there...... BIG thumbs up.

Top Bottom