How to import scans from Cerec AC

N

nexdent

Reaction score
One of our customers uses a Sirona Cerec AC with Bluecam. He wants us to import the intraoralscans to build models and design the crowns/bridges. We use a 3Shape with the latest software.

Sirona said that we have to buy inLab to import the scans, export them as .stl and import them to 3Shape. Is that true or is there another way?

Thanks!

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

WDL-Cali-Cad-Man

Reaction score
One of our customers uses a Sirona Cerec AC with Bluecam. He wants us to import the intraoralscans to build models and design the crowns/bridges. We use a 3Shape with the latest software.

Sirona said that we have to buy inLab to import the scans, export them as .stl and import them to 3Shape. Is that true or is there another way?

Thanks!

I believe you do have to have inlab. We have the license that brings in IOS scan from chairs side scanner and exports as a "3se" file to be imported into 3shape. That's what I have been doing for years now when we get cerec oral scans. Hope this info helps.

I

IgorN

Reaction score
Yes u gotta have the inLab cuz of the Sirona Connect portal and than to export in the desired file(I`m exporting STL from Apollo DI scanners).Dunno if it will work from Blue one.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question as the OP.

We have a client who has just bought in to Cerec. We would have obviously preferred him to go with the 3shape IOS but he wanted the capability do offer "Same day crowns" for low end, fast turn around clients.

He is still sending us his better work but are still receiving impressions for this. So it looks as though we will need Inlab, can anyone give me a rough costing of this?