How bout sharing some wax ups.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
This is a wax up of two bi's and two molars. I duplicated the wax up and turned it into Fuji rock to get a better look at it... The interproximals are wide and broad, and the emergence profile is over contoured. This is cause I will be turning this into a temporary shell... As well as finding the harmony which I could not find, :) , on the other side of the arch in the picture...
image.jpg

This is another that I will be building a temp shell out of...
I had trouble making the lowers look like lowers from limited space. So I made them overlap a bit. And not to worried about fancy Occ. anatomy as this will be another shell...
Before and after...
image.jpg image.jpg
Thanks for your input.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
More than adequate! Nice work. Especially those lower ants.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R

rljdl

Reaction score
Good pic of the2 molars and 2bi's. I like the anatomy.

Here are 4 I just finished. 4 models poured, trimmed, prepped, and waxed in 3.5hrs. Can't decide if that's a good speed or not. Thoughts?
Camera phone pics
20130313_010826.jpg
20130313_010826.jpg

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Good pic of the2 molars and 2bi's. I like the anatomy.

Here are 4 I just finished. 4 models poured, trimmed, prepped, and waxed in 3.5hrs. Can't decide if that's a good speed or not. Thoughts?
Camera phone pics
View attachment 4798

3.5hrs, no worries, take your time and do your best.
Looks good.
Love my camera on my iphone...

R

rljdl

Reaction score
Me and time aren't exactly getting along lately. Its like we don't even know each other anymore.
Crowns have a lot more life like/natural anatomy and contour in real life. think I'll use my wife's camera next time.

R

rljdl

Reaction score
Bx ex wax 2.jpg Finished bx ex.jpg
Here's another. E.max and Bruxzir.I wax my Bruxzirs for Milling center to copy.
So what's a good wax time? When I started really waxing (hadn't for years) it took me 40 minutes, now i'm averaging 12 for bi's, 16 for molars, and 25 for anteriors.
Bx ex wax 2.jpg Finished bx ex.jpg

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Looks good.
I dont really time myself. I ujst keep waxing till i Like it. If I dont like it and enough time has passed Ill ask someone to sit down and give it ten minutes and go over everything... Sometimes all its missing is another set of eyeballs and someone else touch...
As far as your time, your doing it very fast. Your a quick one.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
2013-03-13104113_zps224722a6.jpg
[/IMG]
2013-03-13104126_zpsc6f9ee87.jpg
[/IMG] ai1311.photobucket.com_albums_s670_trillo0690_2013_03_13104140_zps8bd6eba9.jpg ai1311.photobucket.com_albums_s670_trillo0690_2013_03_13104156_zps56a02df7.jpg

This is my first digital wax-up. Milled using CAP's white diagnostic disk. One solid unit, then it only needs to be glued down.
ai1311.photobucket.com_albums_s670_trillo0690_2013_03_13104140_zps8bd6eba9.jpg ai1311.photobucket.com_albums_s670_trillo0690_2013_03_13104156_zps56a02df7.jpg

R

rljdl

Reaction score
I had $30k to put down on a3 shape once, then I woke up. Someday...someday.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Ive milled waxups on an imes icore 340I after 3shape and sum3d, was ok, but what i liked the most was the 100% symetry...
I do like your maxillary cast, nice and clean. Good job.
Once in a while we get a large case in here mounted on some Sam3's or Mark420s, Next time Ill take a pic too show off my model work...

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
9 units 4 minfrt.jpg 9 unit occ.jpg 9 unit dwn frnt.jpg
Here are my wax ups for today. I never wax so this was fun and a bit tiringactually. Nit a lot of space so tell me if you see a change I can make before pressing tomorrow.
I'm a time slut too, I time myself all the time. These 9 units in 4hrs.
Also can't get the pics to come in right side up, sorry
9 unit occ.jpg 9 units 4 minfrt.jpg 9 unit dwn frnt.jpg

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
View attachment 4813 View attachment 4812 View attachment 4814
Here are my wax ups for today. I never wax so this was fun and a bit tiringactually. Nit a lot of space so tell me if you see a change I can make before pressing tomorrow.
I'm a time slut too, I time myself all the time. These 9 units in 4hrs.
Also can't get the pics to come in right side up, sorry

Looks good. I like the surface texture you've added but would probably have more too say about the root design if you trimmed the skirts and seated a soft tissue solid prior to completion too get a better feel for the emergence profile. But It looks like I would trust you too wax some anterior s for me.
Thanks for sharing, maybe you'll share more once you've pressed and finished.
What will you be pressing in? Will you be layering?
I've put the large wax up aside for the rest of the week to work on some smaller cases. Once I have started the radica build I will be layering ill have some more pics of the process and turnout..
Again, thanks.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Forgot to mention 7 &8 may have pink tissue, so kinda playing with that. This well be e.max on bis and empress on the rest...for now.
Marcus, do you mainly drop wax the majority out carve out both?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I milled wax when I was using a much more complex system, the lab now only has inlab and an mcxl. So i wax everything old school. We do have wax blocks for the mcxl but they are collecting dust... I'd like to see the pink tissue you build onto the pressed crowns...

B

BearPrints

Reaction score
A few years ago we started using the silicone occlusal moulds by Bredent. They are called Gnathoflex Premium. It took a few tries to get used to them but I love the results. Quick, great anatomy, and consistent results even with different techs.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
A few years ago we started using the silicone occlusal moulds by Bredent. They are called Gnathoflex Premium. It took a few tries to get used to them but I love the results. Quick, great anatomy, and consistent results even with different techs.
My doctors provide me with a preop impression that they used to build their temps.
That gets poured up and I build a tiny matrix on each one. Then wax into that. Saves a lot of time building up just to carve back. Everything's always 90% waxed to where I want it before I even wax or carve.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Well, I finally had time to finish that 9 unit wax up. Not thrilled with the outcome. First time doing empress and struggled with the glaze. Also couldn't get good light with my camera phone so if I can grab it early tomorrow before it goes out I'll try to get a good one.
Still can't get them to load in right side up!!
20130319_180640.jpg 20130319_145226.jpg 20130319_181352.jpg

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Ok, these pics should be right side up. Yep, nailed it
20130319_181352.jpg 20130319_180640.jpg 20130319_145226.jpg
I rub articulating paper over the surface to helpf me see what I need to adjust. I usually take a picture too, that seems to help me see what line angle needs adjusting. Here I could see some issues with 9 and a spot on 8
20130319_145226.jpg 20130319_180640.jpg 20130319_181352.jpg

Last edited:
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Ok, these pics should be right side up. Yep, nailed it
View attachment 4869 View attachment 4868 View attachment 4867
I rub articulating paper over the surface to helpf me see what I need to adjust. I usually take a picture too, that seems to help me see what line angle needs adjusting. Here I could see some issues with 9 and a spot on 8
Nice, Thanks for sharing... I thought I was the only one who sharpened both sides of a pencil...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Well, I finally had time to finish that 9 unit wax up. Not thrilled with the outcome. First time doing empress and struggled with the glaze. Also couldn't get good light with my camera phone so if I can grab it early tomorrow before it goes out I'll try to get a good one.
Still can't get them to load in right side up!!

Time for a new pencil :)