Hilla Digital transfer decals??

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
My client saw at a class a lecture for Hilla digital transfer decals and now wants me to use it on a case I have here in the lab. I am hesitant because I don't know anything about this. Anyone has some experience with that?
Here is the youtube tutorial:
Hilla Digital Transfer - YouTube

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Some of my employees have tattoos.

I wonder what these look like?

Are we back to Dicor again?

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
I think the video is pretty comprehensive as far as how to place it. didn't see any firing temps posted in it.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I heard that there are cases where the Lustepaste delaminated from emax. Now I am afraid that this is even more possible to delaminate. The instruction states that the decal is placed on the glazed surface, meaning the stain is not protected by any glaze. How fast will that "rub" off?
I don't get the whole thing with these decals. Aren't things developed to make tasks easier? These decals only create stained on translucencies and characterizations in the incisal area. I still have to stain and glaze the body and cervical area. Meaning I have to do additional steps. The decal is just printed on stain. So instead of applying the stain with a brush, I apply it wit a decal after I did all the other staining. I see it being difficult to get the color right when you only stain chroma and add the value afterwards.
Oh why can't we get back to old fashion of stacking porcelain? We lived just fine on layered porcelain with minimal breakage failures. Now everything has to be soooo strong. Why?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
These look like they are designed for chairside crowns.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
How about stains in an ink-pen form?

Also with temp colors that burnout so we can also see what we have painted/drawn.

Blue for Incisals...Warm colors for Dentin..etc.

AJEL

AJEL

Reaction score
I'm A denture guy but this sure looks like the Decals my sister in law uses on finger nails, in her salon. (but she only uses a light cure oven)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
these are like the decals that potters put ceramic work.

I was going to do the same with school logos years ago but it was just to expensive and I had to use 510k stains and there is just not a red in that bunch and buying the rights to use the logo made it undo-able in a market that small.

I'm thinking about the trial kit to try on emax. A little stain and one of these on top and it may bring the economy press emax to another level without the expense of a master ceramist.popcorn

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I wonder why they never have someone from the southern United States narrating these kinds of things?...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I guess that would make me a tattoo artist.

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_8_81_HerveVillechaize.jpg
aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_8_81_HerveVillechaize.jpg

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
The trial kit is $500 and the complete kit is $ 5000. This is a steep price. Tom why would you need a master ceramist to stain some incisal on a full contour emax? The more I think of this the more I dislike it.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The trial kit is $500 and the complete kit is $ 5000. This is a steep price. Tom why would you need a master ceramist to stain some incisal on a full contour emax? The more I think of this the more I dislike it.

Technicians get sick, need training, have personal lives and little fired on tabs don't.

As we transition more of our work back to the states we need to use technology to replace expensive domestic labor. I don't want to be a pay phone manufacturer in a cell phone world.

I'd pay $400 to watch a fire ant try to eat a bail of hay. I paid more than that to feed four of us in Chicago and we know what that turned into.

I can see where a person could but these on in much less time than hand staining a 8 unit veneer case with much less training. An cut back and internal builds...forgetaboutit. IF THEY WORK and that remains to be seen.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score

- i just ordered the kit today ( $500) i though that was the complete kit- even if they work great - 5K is just a bit out of my $ range

I did get 30 day trial from zahn- i will post a few pics once i given it a try

Greg Amendola MDT

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I'm not sure you could get or at least defend a patent on a process that has been in the mainstream of ceramics for decades. If they work there will be competition and the prices will fall.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
excuse my short sightedness but this looks like one of the dumbest ideas ever.

maybe im wrong. i get the concept but :confused:

Last edited:
amadent

amadent

Reaction score
sorry ladies and gents- i know i said i would post some pics of the hilla when i tried them- not going to happen-:nono:

got kit today, upon opening it up and doing about 1 minutes worth or reading
our minds were made up
kit has been boxed up and going back today
Greg Amendola MDT

doug

doug

Reaction score
Greg, Can you expand on what about it that made you send it back? I hate for anyone else to run into the same problem. I planned on looking into it in Chicago next month.

amadent

amadent

Reaction score
Greg, Can you expand on what about it that made you send it back? I hate for anyone else to run into the same problem. I planned on looking into it in Chicago next month.

Doug- the other day when i orderd the kit i was under the assumption that for $500 i got the complete kit only to find out that not the case an that the "full kit" is $5000- way more than i had ever planned on spending but figured lets try it anyway
while talking with rep i was told that they could be applied under the glaze
thought it could have some merit with full contour emax or larger full arch cases- while reading instructions today- they must be applied to a already glazed surface

so all in all
more money out of poket:(
more time on each crown:(

perhaps there is something i missed and they will shed more light on it in Chicago- please let me know

Greg Amendola MDT