Help with this implant identity

doug

doug

Reaction score
I've attached a file with an implant we're trying to identify. The screw in it takes a square tipped tool to engage.
Thanks! Yes, I'm going to Whatimplantisthat to do some research, but I figured I'd b lazy here first.

Attachments

• Implant with Square screw head.pdf
    250 KB · Views: 75
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
square drives.....nobel biocare? keystone genesis?

doug

doug

Reaction score
I had an epiphany while looking on Whatimplantisthat.com. I think it may be a Biomet implant. They offer a square head screw and it looks a lot like one of their implants.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I had an epiphany while looking on Whatimplantisthat.com. I think it may be a Biomet implant. They offer a square head screw and it looks a lot like one of their implants.
you have a few options to choose from. blindfolded darts? lol

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
But this does not look like the traditional 3i implant from the connection . . .
I vaguely remember the screw that takes the square head were gold and not titanium but I could be wrong.
LCM

doug

doug

Reaction score
Biomet had no issues except they weren't sure what diameter. We work mainly with 5 different systems that are popular in the area. It does get easier to recognize them after awhile.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
This is from the FWIW department, but I highly doubt from the PDF image it is a Calcitek Integral - those are usually
what is referred to as 'Press-fit' and HA coated, not threaded. So I would double check before ordering the parts or even opening.
the package. If you can unscrew the abutment and it does not have a flat top, I would hesitate to open the packages which
would make them not possible to return for credit. Jo Chen and Darwin please chime in if you are on.
LCM

doug

doug

Reaction score
Part was ordered and fit perfectly. Case has been designed and finished. Returned to doc for seating. Thanks all for the feedback.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I have no idea how anyone can determine a brand and model from xrays
Some implants have very specific features that makes them unique, like the Calcitek Spline . . .
Or the Sargon
LCM

Top Bottom