HELP! 3M to 3Shape

D

DJoo

Reaction score
HI! This is my first ever post on this forum.
It is bit of emergency and I am not sure what is a proper manner to post a question in this forum, so if I made myself embarrassed or being rude, please understand it.

SO please help me!

One of my doctors got 3M oral scanner. I got the 3M margin Marking software certification as well.
The problem is that I can't open the CAD-ready file on my EXO CAD or 3shape.

The problem with my EXO CAD is that it is 3 yrs old, so not updated. SO I decided to get .3OXZ file for 3shape after my margin marking is done.

I got .3OXZ file but when I try to open it on my 3shape. It opens fine, then this error [Model Builder License ERROR] comes up!

I call 3M and they said I should talk with 3Shape.
I called 3Shape and they said 3M should give me die-ditched version of .3OXZ file!
I call 3M again but they said I should be able to open .3OXZ file.

I CAN'T!!!

Please help me!! I don't know what is going on!

D

DJoo

Reaction score
Oh and when the [model builder license error] comes up, it just shuts it down and I can't get to the designing part! It is very frustrating.

Also I tried with ULDC file as well, it won't open with my 3SHAPE as well!! (I followed that quick-start guideline PDF from 3M but I can't!)

Joe

Joe

Reaction score
in 3shape, you should be able to go to import (right click - advanced - import) and then select 3M lava import to import your ULDC file. You'll be able to design a crown but without model builder, you won't be able to create a model to print.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
3m purely sucks! I had one doc use it with me. Margin mark, then have intec print the models download in import the uldc file design the crown and move kn. I tried the .3oxz file and had issues to, but never tried to do it again, you will to have 3rd party model builder. Call you retailer and have them enable it for cad points use, then buy cad points from your retailer and do it on case to case basis, no need to buy the model builder if you don't do a lot. It will run 12 points per model. If you the 500 points for 800.00 12 points will cost you 19.20 per model just to design, them the cost of printing it. Honestly just have intec do the model and use the uldc file.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What version 3shape?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
You can also use the raw STL files or just unzip the .3OXZ file (it's just a zip file containing the scans and 3Shape info).