Glidewell news pfms

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What's the point? A lot of extra steps to do for a pom when emax is 400mpa+ when pressed. I guess some can't give up the opaque brush?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
What's the point? A lot of extra steps to do for a pom when emax is 400mpa+ when pressed. I guess some can't give up the opaque brush?
i think ivoclar claiming 500+mpa now too.
though i cant complain. as much as pfm work has dipped over the last 2 years, it picked back up since glidewell isnt offering pfm to the east coast. :D

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
i think ivoclar claiming 500+mpa now too.
though i cant complain. as much as pfm work has dipped over the last 2 years, it picked back up since glidewell isnt offering pfm to the east coast. :D

PFM's are on the comeback. My buddy who owns a lab hates it! LOL. He averages 20-30 Pfm's a day.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i can't wrap my head around why that would be.

i mean there are still a few in my area that refuse to do zirconia, but they are anecdotal. outliers.

with LiSi, multilayer zirc, and Lava, im not sure what boutique offering pfm can provide. especially if so many labs now dont need ceramists.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
PFM's are on the comeback. My buddy who owns a lab hates it! LOL. He averages 20-30 Pfm's a day.
no comeback here, just new clients cause they cant send to jimmy g

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i can't wrap my head around why that would be.

i mean there are still a few in my area that refuse to do zirconia, but they are anecdotal. outliers.

with LiSi, multilayer zirc, and Lava, im not sure what boutique offering pfm can provide. especially if so many labs now dont need ceramists.
i get a lot of...."we are trying to match the adjacent pfm" and then i explain why the pfm that was made 20+ years ago (that should prob be replaced) wont ever match the new one anyway....butttttttttttt its a pfm so thats what they want. okie!
we charge more for them over anything else. much more labor intensive than anything else. the all ceramics on the market and zircs on the market are overtaking everything. mainly emax (still) and fcz high trans.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I think this is the beginning of the end for Zr and other all ceramics. Pfm coming back to popularity. I'm getting a new spring for my Jelenko broken arm casting machine.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think this is the beginning of the end for Zr and other all ceramics. Pfm coming back to popularity. I'm getting a new spring for my Jelenko broken arm casting machine.
...and Patrick can teach butt margins at his a$$ orgies.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i shall change my moniker to debrutsiD

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I am seeing a slight resurgence here...were doing a few units a month before, now it quadrupled...Hmmmm2

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You guys just really suck at ceramics.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I still do a handful of pfms every week. Personally, i'm like most folks here....they've become an annoyance. However, I look at the chroma and aesthetics of our pfms, and dam, they do look good. As for Glidesmells Obsidian....POMS always crack, too weak for the normal biting forces in deplorable Americans....but that is changing too!!! So who knows.

A

adl

Reaction score
This new Obsidian press over metal from Glidewell is the strongest ever produced crown in the market. The strength is higher than 300MPa vs 120MPa of all existing POM materials in the market.
By the looks of it ,I bet it's really strong.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
This new Obsidian press over metal from Glidewell is the strongest ever produced crown in the market. The strength is higher than 300MPa vs 120MPa of all existing POM materials in the market.
Come on man...300MPa is the strongest crown in the market now? I'm just going to point....go that way, someone will help you!!!

user name

user name

Reaction score
PFMs?

No means no.

No opaque metal looks as good as Zr for a starting point.

Theres crappy Zr work out there, for sure, but Ive never produced work that looks as good as I am now.

corona

corona

Reaction score
everyone is so exciting about doing less and less labor in the dental lab ....... The reason dental labs thrived was because our clents didnt want to do all that labor and steps .........watch out what you ask for . We will all be soon out of a job . The big manufactures we buy product from will soon boot us out and clinicians will buy direct from them .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
everyone is so exciting about doing less and less labor in the dental lab ....... The reason dental labs thrived was because our clents didnt want to do all that labor and steps .........watch out what you ask for . We will all be soon out of a job . The big manufactures we buy product from will soon boot us out and clinicians will buy direct from them .
I hope you're right!