"glazing" PMMA Temps

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Thats the response I was expecting, in vogue is the word. Im not sold on it either, but was thinking of trying it on repairs to hide any demarkation lines, or to characterize flippers etc..
Light cured glaze is a magic dust for all types of cheating. Some guys even manage to make a short term modifications on porcelain restorations in porous spots :D not fair but sells for somebody

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I'm using multicolor PMMA from DEGOS dental ....there are 20 layers in one blank..all I have to do is polish or glaze with some light curing glazing material..it works for me

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I'm using multicolor PMMA from DEGOS dental ....there are 20 layers in one blank..all I have to do is polish or glaze with some light curing glazing material..it works for me

What's the cost on these 20 layer Pmma pucks?

S

[email protected]

Reaction score
The problem with most light cure glaze is that it discolors, the opticolor is so new for us that I have no idea how long it will hold up but the color is great.

We used to use palaseal and add porcelain stain before all this fancy product was out. It always looks splotchy as the color really never homogenized into the glaze. The new stuff makes my life much easier.

How is the opticolor holding up for you? Any discoloration to report.

Thanks in advance for response.

S

skidoc

Reaction score
I use stains from cosmedent in syringes. But most important is the glaze. Durafinish by parkell is very durable as its chemistry is based on on their add on bonding agent. Most don't bond and loose finish quickly, this does. Just some info from the dentwl side that might be helpful.

Then again, sometimes glaze is just too shiny and prefer a very good polis. Even when I glaze I take a polisher to it so it doesn't look like a marble