Full Zirconia Crown (Tattoo on buccal surface)

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
T4IN0xq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] We recently made a crown for one of our Dr.'s father. His father is really into to archery and requested an image of a bow and arrow on the buccal surface of the crown... I think it turned out pretty AWESOME!

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Was the stain external, or did you cut into the fired area to keep it insider
a groove/depression?
LCM

user name

user name

Reaction score
Looks like you probably did it with a tiny brush? A trick Ive learned is to work under a microscope, apply the stain with a brush, but the manipulate it with a pin point tool; even a pin point looks like a log under the scope, so Ive carefully polished a super fine point. The stains can be pulled, pushed and drawn with very fine control. dang coffee gives me the shakes though, so I have to get real zen and control my breathing like a sniper.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Looks good, Do you use dental stains or ceramic stains?

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
Did some staining with ZirkonZahn Aquarell in green state just as a base coat, but mostly ceramic stains.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
i call em' tatooths. :) i mix a little opaque in with stain so they pop.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
seen it. love the end statement...tick tock..lol this guy has contradicted himself so many times. and while he has done good things for dentistry he is, in my opinion, a major sellout
.get off the fczr bandwagon before it crashes into the antagonist causing destruction and chaos. thread derailment over...

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I thought it would make you happy o_O

Bella Zeng

Bella Zeng

Reaction score
The bow and arrow are very vivid. Nice work. Like it much..

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
This site stinks for posting pics now.....

ReaLLY DO NOT like the new format Travis!!!

I cannot post a link to pic in my reply, unless I post, then edit the post...
after I try to edit an existing post...only then does the option to do this appear.

Stupid!

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
This site stinks for posting pics now.....

ReaLLY DO NOT like the new format Travis!!!

I cannot post a link to pic in my reply, unless I post, then edit the post...
after I try to edit an existing post...only then does the option to do this appear.

Stupid!
ie_troll.jpg

I can assure you 100% that it is Internet Explorer itself that is the issue.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
So what if IE8 and IE9 are the problem. This is what half of America still uses.
Don't you think the site should work correctly for us??

Ron Grant has done some great tattoos.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So what if IE8 and IE9 are the problem. This is what half of America still uses.
Don't you think the site should work correctly for us??

Ron Grant has done some great tattoos.

The stupid half. :) IE has so many bugs and so many security issues, I would switch to firefox. I know it will take some getting used to, but you'll be glad you did.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
T4IN0xq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] We recently made a crown for one of our Dr.'s father. His father is really into to archery and requested an image of a bow and arrow on the buccal surface of the crown... I think it turned out pretty AWESOME!
Four teeth to get the bite and I see he did you a facebow as well, and you say it's the surgeons father Wow!!!!!!!!. Not knocking you, the crown looks great really nice work. just hate being asked to do a restoration with such little information...........

brian1981

brian1981

Reaction score
Four teeth to get the bite and I see he did you a facebow as well, and you say it's the surgeons father Wow!!!!!!!!. Not knocking you, the crown looks great really nice work. just hate being asked to do a restoration with such little information...........
Thanks, Yeah it is great isn't it. And I'm not sure about your Dr.'s.... but not every Dr. is going to send you a full arch impression for every case for a single molar!!!!! Wow! Wouldn't that be nice??? Being that's the case I'm not going to tell them that I won't do work for them because they send a quadrant impression. Crowns are leaving the lab at a very high success rate. So not too worried. #cmonmannn

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
I know what your saying and like I said the work you have done is very nice and again I would not expect a facebow for a single molar but we do push for full arch imps. My point is that its the surgeons father, if it was my dad I would pull out all the stops and make sure it was a full arch imp with facebow and include the recommended squash bites for setting it up, so protrusive , retrusive , left and right. You know how it goes , it just made me chuckle. #tightfisted

Top Bottom