First ever add contact

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
A great general tip I picked up at a seminar many years ago is to keep a pre mixed 50/50 ( addon /dentine )with glaze liquid in my stain well. .Then I can add any small areas whilst I glaze . Lol , in two days I only took away that and lateral segmental build ups :confused:

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I can make a veneer with just the lustre paste.
It's a nano ceramic material.
The problem he has is with his furnace, not his material. He has no vacuum.
Having said that 1mm should be ok as long as he dries it slowly before entry.
I fire GC on my emax glaze program and emax glaze on my gc program. It's the same.

Here's another secret:Listen
add emax to your gc and see what happens.

He wanted someone to walk him through it and then runs away when he gets a solution.
What's the frigging point ?

I am getting some emax add on to add to the lusterpaste, then I will try it tomorrow.
I didn't mean to run away I have been doing other cases away from the computer, I am unfamiliar with ceramics and its properties that doesn't mean I am not trying to learn.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you don't need the add on
just use the paste

I'm doing one as we speak.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you won't hurt the zirconia and you can keep adding till you get it.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to jump right in and you probably know that being chairside..

If you have an emax crown then don't fire it on a zirconia cycle or you will become a jeweler.
That is why GC is the best because you won't make marbles when the patient is in the chair.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to jump right in and you probably know that being chairside..

If you have an emax crown then don't fire it on a zirconia cycle or you will become a jeweler.
That is why GC is the best because you won't make marbles when the patient is in the chair.
I wish I had a programmable furnace lol running a manual one.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

you'll learn more with the one you have.It would be nice if you had vacuum though.

How does it look?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
you'll learn more with the one you have.It would be nice if you had vacuum though.

How does it look?
Not bad a slightly lighter add on Its an A3 shade so if I were to say it looks A2.5 if that were a shade tab. still has a little surface texture not over glazed.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not bad a slightly lighter add on Its an A3 shade so if I were to say it looks A2.5 if that were a shade tab. still has a little surface texture not over glazed.

The vacuum would give you more glaze but you can use a universal wheel to shine it up.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I threw a vintage Ney Sunfire 10 in the dumpster a few weeks back. I would think you could find a used porcelain furnace pretty cheap on e.bay, no?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Well I'm glad it worked out for you JK.
Actually I never tried adding a contact like that before so I thought I'd let you try it first to see if it worked.

What better way to find out than to have a denture guy experiment with ceramics:D

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The vacuum would give you more glaze but you can use a universal wheel to shine it up.
Added 25 degrees and a little hold time to oven got a pretty nice natural glaze.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you want to cure that, build up a few crowns with D.sign porcelain, no build up liquid allowed, just use water.
Ive used d.sign you are correct it would cure it. Got fired from my first lab job he used d.sign threw me right onto the porcelain bench I lasted a week. Slumped like crazy.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
In the excitement I lost the labial bow I just bent just before I fired the crown... it was perfect.

user name

user name

Reaction score
If you need a low cost vacuum oven, I have a well cared for Ney Q50 Ill let go cheap.