finally got a 3shape...

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
not impressed so far. now that I'm used to the superior convenience of DOF, scanning on this thing feels like being stuck in the stone age. it's sad that it doesn't even include the bite scanning jig as standard, and is an $1800 accessory. that's some massive price gouging.

The software does have some nice features, although it's very restrictive and not very intuitive. I'm not sure if it's just coded poorly, or the pc they bundled is inadequate, but it runs quite slowly. can anyone enlighten me on how it runs on something better than an i7 4790 + gtx 960?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
not impressed so far. now that I'm used to the superior convenience of DOF, scanning on this thing feels like being stuck in the stone age. it's sad that it doesn't even include the bite scanning jig as standard, and is an $1800 accessory. that's some massive price gouging.

The software does have some nice features, although it's very restrictive and not very intuitive. I'm not sure if it's just coded poorly, or the pc they bundled is inadequate, but it runs quite slowly. can anyone enlighten me on how it runs on something better than an i7 4790 + gtx 960?
How much memory?
If you don't know how to tell, right click on "My computer" choose "Properties" it will be listed there as "Installed Memory"

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
tumblr_nc7rwemFFz1sksdxao2_500.gif

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
wait you went to 3shape from DOF?
why didnt you go exocad?

i am a 3shape user, and ive had very little trouble with it....but i see 3shape as a beginners scanning system. those who are experienced should be moving to exocad from DOF or 3shape over time. :eek:

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
wait you went to 3shape from DOF?
why didnt you go exocad?

i am a 3shape user, and ive had very little trouble with it....but i see 3shape as a beginners scanning system. those who are experienced should be moving to exocad from DOF or 3shape over time. :eek:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say... what do you mean go exocad? we were already using DOF with exocad. we've simply added a 3shape. we're using both now.

How much memory?
If you don't know how to tell, right click on "My computer" choose "Properties" it will be listed there as "Installed Memory"

16gb. ram isn't an issue. I'm just not sure if pc is adequate.

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
In my considerations of an exocad system I am looking at the Identica Hybrid scanner. I'm curious about the DOF scanner. Does anyone have thoughts on a comparison with the DOF scanner? I have not used either one. Is one more expensive than the other? I have to watch the final cost of my system, but I want something that will work reliably and be durable. I don't want to face expensive repairs.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're trying to say... what do you mean go exocad? we were already using DOF with exocad. we've simply added a 3shape. we're using both now.

16gb. ram isn't an issue. I'm just not sure if pc is adequate.
ok, youre using both now. i thought you gave up the DOF for 3shape. my bad!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
In my considerations of an exocad system I am looking at the Identica Hybrid scanner. I'm curious about the DOF scanner. Does anyone have thoughts on a comparison with the DOF scanner? I have not used either one. Is one more expensive than the other? I have to watch the final cost of my system, but I want something that will work reliably and be durable. I don't want to face expensive repairs.
i think @Gru uses a DOF and likes it. might want to touch base with him

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I will go on the record and say you should go with DOF. Tech support from the owner of the company, one on one if need be. Name another company that does that? We already know exocad does, who else??

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
IDT magazine just published a product selector in their current issue. It includes a table with lab scanner specs, prices,etc.
http://www.dentalaegis.com/idt/2016/11/

Restorationlab

Restorationlab

Reaction score
Thank you for the heads-up. I have been receiving IDT, but just realized I have missed the last 2 issues. I've contacted them to put me back on the list.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Medit no bad Scanner 16 seconds and 7 my as Glenn would say its like Exocad with wizard can be done from every "NBR"

DOF no bad scanner scan results are ready to work with in the same time as Medit its like Exocad with wizard can be done from every "NBR" and Ecocad in Expert Mode too you have both options and if you make complex work its better , easier and faster as a Expert.

Price are both equal

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Tant qu'il y aura 3shape on continuera à rigoler généreusement ..... et si ils disparaissent ce qui est probable, il y aura encore DentalWing pour rigoler ....

Laugh