finally got a 3shape...

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
In my considerations of an exocad system I am looking at the Identica Hybrid scanner. I'm curious about the DOF scanner. Does anyone have thoughts on a comparison with the DOF scanner? I have not used either one. Is one more expensive than the other? I have to watch the final cost of my system, but I want something that will work reliably and be durable. I don't want to face expensive repairs.

No experiences with DOF , But I've had a Medit Blue for 2 years and a Hybrid for a year now....very reliable, fast and accurate.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
tumblr_nin3suJwbO1rb2l1co1_400.gif

Tant qu'il y aura 3shape on continuera à rigoler généreusement ..... et si ils disparaissent ce qui est probable, il y aura encore DentalWing pour rigoler ....

Laugh

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
3Shape isn't very good at utilizing processor threads. That's where most of the slowness comes from. The performance is not that different between an i3 and a 12-core Xeon. The rest of the components play a smaller part, providing you have enough system memory. For graphics, I don't see much difference between, say, GeForce 750 Ti and GeForce 1080.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3Shape isn't very good at utilizing processor threads. That's where most of the slowness comes from. The performance is not that different between an i3 and a 12-core Xeon. The rest of the components play a smaller part, providing you have enough system memory. For graphics, I don't see much difference between, say, GeForce 750 Ti and GeForce 1080.
indeed, because modern GPUs are multicore things almost as powerful as the computer itself.

3shape is still only optimized for XP machines from 2005.

kristian

kristian

Reaction score
3shape is still only optimized for XP machines from 2005.
Well, it is a 64bit application now, even if it doesn't take much advantage from that.

3Shape works best on a processor that's good at single thread performance. Because processor usage becomes the bottleneck, most relatively modern PCs run 3Shape at roughly the same pace. At the same time, there's very little you can do to boost your performance no matter how much cash you throw at your setup. Sad.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score

so this massively buggy, pos software is one of the industry leaders? not being able to take advantage of multiple cores is so pathetic in this day and age, I'm at a loss for words.

Well, it is a 64bit application now, even if it doesn't take much advantage from that.

3Shape works best on a processor that's good at single thread performance. Because processor usage becomes the bottleneck, most relatively modern PCs run 3Shape at roughly the same pace. At the same time, there's very little you can do to boost your performance no matter how much cash you throw at your setup. Sad.

it's worse than sad. it's rubbish. all that money they charge for licensing, and they can't even modernize it properly?

Top Bottom