Exocad Pc / Ryzen Cpu

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
why?

M.2 drive at over 2200 Mb/s.

a single M.2 1Tb drive would be only about 500-900 bucks to get way way faster than any other flash.

raid0 of two 2200Mb/s drives would probably start a fire.
Oh, the other actual reason is speedy backups for offsiting. Don't wanna pop open the case every day/week/month

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you guys know about the Vega preorder that starts tomorrow?

AMD's new videocard. the RX Vega.

new technology to eliminate bottlenecking and ramp up gpu compute speed.

i just hope its as efficient and effective as their Ryzen cpus.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i have never been a fan of AMDs at all - they have always given me issues with software - not just for Work but even in gaming.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
i have never been a fan of AMDs at all - they have always given me issues with software - not just for Work but even in gaming.
The K6-2 and K6-3 were very awesome at the time.

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Almost any decent computer can probably run a mill if it has the proper specs. If you plan on using it daily, and you care about being efficient, there is a downtime when the computer is processing, maybe its <1 min per case, or 2 min per puck, this time adds up in the long run, not to mention, while youre waiting, that 1 min becomes 15 minutes as you wander off into DLN land and forget to start the mill..

Software is changing really fast, and DHC doesnt just sell super-fast liquid-cooled computers, its a dental specific computer, with your software loaded onto it for you, tech support, antivirus that will help protect sensitive HIPAA info on your computer, their own file sharing inbox for IOS scans and sending to multiple mills etc. I have a dell optiplex i5 that has run a scanner and mill for 5+ years now, works fine. I also bought a dell laptop from walmart that was dead JUST after the warranty was up, go figure. I wouldnt put it past a company like dell to have a kill switch feature that waits until you need parts and service from them, just sayin.. I also have an alienware i7 touchscreen and it runs 3shape/exo just fine, you can cast it to a tv or run hdmi. Its just depends on what you want, and how much $$$ you wanna throw down, not all are created equal, and why not go with a dental specific company that has your best interest in mind, its just as important as the scanner.
Thanks for the shout out! I would love to personally talk more about it, however my respect to Travis i will not tell we advertise on here, we will be advertising on here soon and then will be posting everything I can to give you as much knowledge as possible for proper pc usage with CAD/CAM as it very much does make a difference.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out! I would love to personally talk more about it, however my respect to Travis i will not tell we advertise on here, we will be advertising on here soon and then will be posting everything I can to give you as much knowledge as possible for proper pc usage with CAD/CAM as it very much does make a difference.
can you give us your thoughts on the use of Ryzen and AMD hardware?

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
can you give us your thoughts on the use of Ryzen and AMD hardware?
Yes of course. So the Ryzen Processor is being tested right now with good results for the price. The i7 7700 has still out performed any other CPU that I have tested so far. As far as AMD goes, AMD does not work well with 90% of Dental software when it comes to calculation speed. With everything we have tested, we have been able to get much faster calculation times out of Nvidia cards than any other. If you putting together a computer with a budget the Rysen is the 2nd best to the i7 7700 for dental CAD/CAM specific anyways.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes of course. So the Ryzen Processor is being tested right now with good results for the price. The i7 7700 has still out performed any other CPU that I have tested so far. As far as AMD goes, AMD does not work well with 90% of Dental software when it comes to calculation speed. With everything we have tested, we have been able to get much faster calculation times out of Nvidia cards than any other. If you putting together a computer with a budget the Rysen is the 2nd best to the i7 7700 for dental CAD/CAM specific anyways.
Which is odd and sad since AMD invented the x64 extentions spec. I guess not owning a fab to turn out engineering samples frequently to play with desing variants really has cost them more than expected.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
their new vega cards re-engineered the way bandwidth is used in the card. less power used, similar performance as older cards.

reddit is making a big deal out of it, and is highly disappointed but im not convinced its as bad as they think. pcmasterrace is a bunch of nutjobs anyway. and /amd is not much better

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Wow do I miss (pre-Future Publishing) Maximum PC.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just for everyone's reference don't ever follow videos like this. do not handle boards with your bare hands. do not assemble a computer without a grounding strap or vinyl gloves. do not attach, fiddle with or unscrew watertight fittings multiple times.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
just for everyone's reference don't ever follow videos like this. do not handle boards with your bare hands. do not assemble a computer without a grounding strap or vinyl gloves. do not attach, fiddle with or unscrew watertight fittings multiple times.

Please don't use vinyl gloves. They can get static buildup if you aren't paying close attention to what they touch. Can be an insulator, yes, but as Franklin showed, even glass can get a charge.

Handle boards from the edges only, no contact to any traces, solderjoints, metal, or anything that's not just fibreglass.

Static straps are a must, but make sure it's hooked firmly to a real earth ground. I've seen people connect to the pc case, after unplughing the pc, or clip to a painted outlet faceplate screw. :confused::eek:

And always use new thermal paste, not thermal glueBangheadBanghead Once was handed a cpu cooler that had lots of preeeetty shiny colors on the contact block. Guy remved cooler after using thermal glue....and couldn't understand why the pc wouldn't POST when he changed out the cooler.

Last edited:
Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Which is odd and sad since AMD invented the x64 extentions spec. I guess not owning a fab to turn out engineering samples frequently to play with desing variants really has cost them more than expected.
yes, it is odd, especially the fact that AMD works better with most rendering software's that Nvidia.

H

HerrBulles

Reaction score
hello ! do you still sustain this quote, even after proved superiority in gaming of the new Ryzen 7 7800x3d CPU.s ? I am tinking of building a rig, right now, with this CPU, for exocad partials, and general use of exocad or Blender4Dental, with plenty of 6000 Mhz RAM , and a AMD Radeon RX 6600XT GPU ..