Exocad or 3 shape??

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The yearly costs may also have to do with your re-seller, add ons and the model scanner you have. My D500 with the Premium software yearly license fee is ~1700.00, plus 350.00 for the abutment design module (plus tax).

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
You guys are forgetting that the cost of ownership includes the CAD tech's wage as well among other costs...not just license and lease payments...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
kind of you to say 2th, but you and zero and many others (including username) seem to feel that isn't enough, and even Sevan may be turning the cheek at this point.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
kind of you to say 2th, but you and zero and many others (including username) seem to feel that isn't enough, and even Sevan may be turning the cheek at this point.
Honestly, if I had to work as hard to find work arounds for everyday cases as finding ways to use the software for things it wasn't designed for I wouldn't use it. I have enough problems to solve.

You and Sevan should get a payroll check from Denmark every month.

IVY

IVY

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all the great responses and taking the time out of your busy schedules! I'm leaning towards the exo software for a couple of reasons.
It seams exo is going to be a better roi.
Also exo will be able to drive my scanner directly rather than having to use the scanners software to export stl to then later bring into exocad.
Does anyone know when exo cad is bringing out the module to link cbct scans with there design process so that implants can be digitally placed and then th work flow with production of surgical stents, abutments and final restorations can take place in the digital world?
D
Hugh? It's kind of a no brainer if you getting a trios!

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
This is being used in Europe already in beta(?) by veteran exo users. I can't wait to get my mitts on it. It is probably in a backlog of things to be tested by the FDA to make sure it is not more accurate that casting and/or handmilling UCLA type or stock abutments. <-------------------------------Sarcasm
Dicom reader to read CBTC scans is currently available.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Dicom reader to read CBTC scans is currently available.
Yes, but that doesn't give me the same options as full on planning software. I have thought about getting the dicom viewer to import my plans and see about making guides with the bite splint module.

Are you using the dicom viewer module?

Last edited:
Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
Yes, but that doesn't give me the same options as full on planning software. I have thought about getting the dicom viewer to import my plans and see about making guides with the bite splint module.

Are you using the dicom viewer module?
You import the Dicom into your CAD software and overlay your model and face scans etc. and plan whatever you want. Guides for now you have to do conventional. Exoplan is what you want - not yet available. Apparently it will be ready end of the year. Yes I have Dicom viewer but have only used it twice. Not on actual patient cases. Still learning here with limited time to play. I am combining it with Face Hunter to mesh match model scans with the Dicom images. Have not been confident enough to do a case yet.

Last edited:
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It is not possible to plan implant placement in exocad CAD module even with Dicom viewer. There are no implant chassis libraries for the planning process.
Can you mark the mandibular nerve canal with Dicom viewer?

Pieter

Pieter

Reaction score
It is not possible to plan implant placement in exocad CAD module even with Dicom viewer. There are no implant chassis libraries for the planning process.
Can you mark the mandibular nerve canal with Dicom viewer?
No Dicom only gives you x-ray and image to render in 3 D or stl. - Exoplan is implant software that is not available yet where you can see nerves etc. I match the dicom image with scanned model image to get tooth angles exactly like in the patients mouth. Wont even attempt a guide by using Dicom. In essence its only software to convert dicom format to stl. I'll be patient until year end. You will need Dicom reader to use Exoplan

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
No Dicom only gives you x-ray and image to render in 3 D or stl. - Exoplan is implant software that is not available yet where you can see nerves etc. I match the dicom image with scanned model image to get tooth angles exactly like in the patients mouth. Wont even attempt a guide by using Dicom. In essence its only software to convert dicom format to stl. I'll be patient until year end. You will need Dicom reader to use Exoplan
I am going to wait on exoplan, I already have implant planning softwares. I like your idea of using Dicom viewer to match tooth axes.Five