Essix blockout

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
What do yall use to block out essix I am using the blue light cure blockout, but on a crazy/perio case I can really run through it. It is not super cheap either. I just got some putty or clay like crap from buffalo. Haven't really used it much yet.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
What do yall use to block out essix I am using the blue light cure blockout, but on a crazy/perio case I can really run through it. It is not super cheap either. I just got some putty or clay like crap from buffalo. Haven't really used it much yet.

VHT wax from Erkodent when we have large areas to block out as like you, it's expensive using light cure for this.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The wax doesn't melt rendering it useless? How would you apply it?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Wax out the undercuts, make a duplicate model and make the essix on the duplicate, then seat it on your master.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Wax out the undercuts, make a duplicate model and make the essix on the duplicate, then seat it on your master.
I am in house, I need something faster than two pours. I suck down on master model just how it has to be in my scenario.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Make survey line form heighth of contour to gingiva( I use a drafting pencil with the lead extended) use plaster in a dry pickup with sds and a brush, fill between the lines.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Make survey line form heighth of contour to gingiva( I use a drafting pencil with the lead extended) use plaster in a dry pickup with sds and a brush, fill between the lines.
What if it's a printed model?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
The wax doesn't melt rendering it useless? How would you apply it?

Because its VHT wax it doesn't melt too much. Apply with a hot ash 5 carver. We use thermoforming foils with a peel off sheet after pressing so they are nice and clear with no wax residue. Super fast and simple.

Most of our clients don't want the model back so a broken model is no problem. For the few that do we scan and if the model is wrecked print a new one. (we used to duplicate these before we got a scanner).

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
What if it's a printed model?
I guess that would depend on who in the chain produced it, and whether or not it had been blocked out in design.

Although, considering the cost of an Essex, I wonder if printed is worth the expense.

I admit I'm probably not current on printed model costs.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I guess that would depend on who in the chain produced it, and whether or not it had been blocked out in design.

Although, considering the cost of an Essex, I wonder if printed is worth the expense.

I admit I'm probably not current on printed model costs.
Just trying to get some of the old guard to think about new directions.;)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Printed models on essix seems like a waste to me, but to each their own.
Not about essix and printing, but about blocking out non plaster models.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just made one from a printed model.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
p

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Did you print the model for the sole purpose of making an essix?

Top Bottom