Equator attachment from Rhein 83 any reviews??

S

Soniq

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Equator overdenture attachment from Rhein 83? Any comments-reviews??

Thanks,

Darwin

Equator for imps cat.jpg

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Sure have... I have don't about 5 cases with them so far. Not as much retention as you can get with a locator, but its great when horizontal space is limited. Overall, easy to work with, and my clients have been happy with the results.

Ryan ~ Precision Craft in RI

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I have done a few act like mini locators, negative very few if any have parts in stock to do maintenance post delivery.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I have used them on my patients, smaller foot print and I think, easier for those who cannot
handle the precision since walls are not parallel.
Also, can get taller abutments (like 6 or 7mm) when the pt not willing to remove excess soft tissues
after the fact. I like working with Joe at Rhein 83 also.
Their catalog fairly extensive, and they have to use specific drivers but you can get a latch
for a Nobel manual wrench holder.
Let me know if you need more info, and good to hear from you, Darwin.
LCM

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi Darwin

Glad to see you here :)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I use them once in awhile (few times a year) but I get the castable, that way I place them on a post and core (great for saving the cuspid roots when the rest of the dentition is shot). I've used the castable ball-type as well and that's fine too, preference is castable locator between the two though because it doesn't require as much height. I'm sure the Gents at Preat have something similar as well.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
FWIW, I prefer the ERA-Mini on natural tooth, we had alot of issue casting the Locator the last time and gave up after that.
Mind you, my CDT has been doing this for many years and USAF prosth tech who can cast seamless crown-abutment interfaces.
The Mini-ERA does not take more space than the Locator.
LCM