Empress Esthetic Ingot Selection?

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
So we don't press Empress. But we are going to make the addition to the lab. I ordered the veneering kit from Ivoclar. I'll order the ingots on a case by case basis for now. I have a case coming up to build some anterior veneers with empress. The final shade is to be B1. I don't have any info on the stump.
So what ingot would YOU press some veneers in?
I'm thinking I am to order a vial of ETC1 and a vial of ETC0 just in case we need to go brighter.
Thoughts?
Anything else to add as far as tips and tricks layering empress that only someone who has been through the trial and error would know.
Thanks.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I personally don't like the Empress porcelain...it tends to shrink away from the core...make sure you do a proper wash bake to have enough foundation for the porcelain...

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
What ingot would I press, it really depends on the natural die, but having said that - the two shades you ordered, ETC1 and ETC0 are the two most popular ingots and you can probably press 90% of your restorations from those two ingots.

As for tips on layering, read and follow the instructions for use that you should receive with your layering kit and you shouldn't have any issues.

griffmar79

griffmar79

Reaction score
Why risk failure? Stick with emax

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
I would rather do press over metal crowns again rather than deal with Empress, which isn't saying much. Best of luck to you...please share on how they turn out.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Why risk failure? Stick with emax
We sometimes needs to replace empress veneers neighboring existing empress veneers. And this seems like a much easier and less taxing task that matching with Emax as it may be very very close, its never 100%