ingot shade selection emax

S

succubys

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope I'm posting where I'm supposed to.
I have a prep venner case on the two upper centrals , thr stumps are ND6 and the final color B1.
Should I press LT in BL3, cut back and layer incisal or press MO1 core and layer that?
The doctor didn't want waxup, I knoe that would have helped.
Thanks for your help!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
As with adl, I like your LT BL3 idea. If you have stumph material or colored die spacer, this can help you in your
cut back, and where to stop for your layering.

Juko

Juko

Reaction score
I would probably go.lighter than LT bl3, so I'd have the ability to darken if needed. Not looking at shades right now though. If you have the room to layer, you might as well IMO.

W

Willard

Reaction score
BL3 should work with a inc layering ,but i always have a hard matching the value of B1 with bL3
depends on thickness you may have better luck with mt bL2. I used gc mt bo on a lower veneer case
this week with nd6 preps that matched b1 pretty nice on the stump dies.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I would also go with the LT option, but a little lighter (BL2),especially if they are a little thinner (<1.2mm). This will give you a little more room to hit the shade.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I'll keep this thread going rather than start a new.

lower six anterior veneers. Shade A1. Stumpfs shade a bit darker than A4. I was thinking maybe MT BL3? What would all you think?
jc stpf.jpg

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I like your idea. With the A shade prep color (pretty much) would probably warm up the MT BL3s nicely. You just may need to leave the cuspids
a little thicker, as the color may show through with the less reduction he gave you?

It's almost tweener, inbetween a MT monolithic, and a LT BL3.5 micro layerd on the Inc 1/3rd.
Personally, I would probably press the cuspids in a MT BL3, see how it looks, and go from there. I know it's more work
and pressing, but it's kinda a in-between, tougher case. No wonder you posted it.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Personally, looking at the shade of the preps, and the minimal thicknesses of the veneers, I would go even lighter. At least BL2 (LT or MT),and maybe even BL1(LT option only). That prep shade is going to make a huge difference with the final shade, ESPECIALLY WITH AN MT. If I press BL2 or BL1 and it ends up too light, I can add chroma or lower value as needed.

Just so everyone knows, there is a new App (iPhone and Android) called the Shade Navigation App. It allows you to choose Final shade, indication, prep shade, thickness, and material and gives you the best options in LT, MT, HT, or Multi for the restoration. It does not give options for MO or HO because those are made to block the prep, so the prep shade doesn't affect them as much or at all. I'll put together a few photos and add them to this thread to show the steps. Of course the app is free, but they do require you to register and log in. It is available in both the App Store and Google Play.

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Thanks Patrick , looks awesome !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
So here are photos from a power point on the Shade Navigation App (SNA). Like I said it free in the App Store and Goggle Play. Hopefully it helps some folks!

View attachment 25932
View attachment 25933
View attachment 25934
View attachment 25935
View attachment 25936
View attachment 25937
View attachment 25938
View attachment 25939
View attachment 25940
This is what a good company looks to do. Thank you for telling uss, thank the chain that brought it to us!