Ingot Options

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive got a case with crowns on 8&9, veneers on 6,7, 10,11. patientlooks to be in the C-1 area with characterizations...fillings, cervical stain, etc.

Doctor says A-1 would be nice but maybe a half shade lighter. I want to keep these simple-press and stain/glaze. I just did a couple others with GC LiSi in A-1 but they weren't quite as bright as I wanted.

What would be the next step brighter ingot than an A-1?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
Take a look at the MTB0, comparable to a 1M1/0M3 after pressing, you can easily tone it down to an A-1.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Take a look at the MTB0, comparable to a 1M1/0M3 after pressing, you can easily tone it down to an A-1.
I know I sounded kinda stupid, but Im still new to the material. I didn't reference any stump color, so I was wondering if feed back would be towards an enamel ingot or for MT. BO it is.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
If your stump shade isn't to dark, and you are considering using an enamel ingot, they look great, I would recommend HT58 for an A-1. If you want to steer towards a little higher value, go with the HT57, you can always tone it down. The MT ingots are nice , and easy to match in if you can't use an HT, because of a darker stump shade. If the stump shade needs to be totally blocked out, you would be best to at least use a layered LTA ingot.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Curious what you came up with. I also am getting ready press 7,8,9,10, full coverage . No layer A1. I was searching for an ingot also. Lisi A1 always comes out low in value. IMO. My experience with the BO lends me to think it may be just to white for A1 unless you put allot of stain on it.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im going to do it this afternoon...still undecided. Ill let you know. :(

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
BL4 ingot might work
depending on clearance and stump issues/shades...HTBL4 would be where i go
literally just had a case that was "almost" BL4 shade for inc and body with A1 on the gingival...so i pressed HTBL4 and stained down a hair. Dr and patient were thrilled. (was just a single crown on #8 matching existing dentition)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Update:

As I said to start...patients teeth looked relatively low value, maybe a C-1 range, quite a bit of enamel crazing, slightly darker cervicals, nothing special, just middle aged.

Dr had her in A-1 temps. She like them, but wanted a brighter smile...more 'pretty'. I pressed in LiSi B-),one step into the bleach line. Dr said fit, shape was excellent. We corrected midline, feminized the shape, things looked good...but

Patient thought it was way too bright. I didnt get to see her, but from the original pic provided, I dont think'A' is her color. Im going to re-press. Im thinking Im going to jump to an HT ingot. The LiSi chart shows E-58 as the corresponding to an A-1. I laid out the B-0, A-1,HT-57 and HT-58. As they sit on my desk, HT-58 looks like the one, but I had previously used it on an A-1 patient and it was way too gray, so that was re=done with an A-1.

Im nervous.

My wax-ups are all pretty even thickness; centrals slightly thicker than the veneers on the lats and cuspids. Average is 1.2-1.5mm.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Was it a physical picture or a electronic picture? Electronic pictures will look different without calibration and can throw things funny just enough to get what you're seeing.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Was it a physical picture or a electronic picture? Electronic pictures will look different without calibration and can throw things funny just enough to get what you're seeing.
Just a traditional photo. I actually prefer they send a RAW or jpeg fine; then I can adjust a bit to compensate for their less than awesome flash and generally spiked histograms from light bounce of their tab holders screwing up the white balance.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just a traditional photo. I actually prefer they send a RAW or jpeg fine; then I can adjust a bit to compensate for their less than awesome flash and generally spiked histograms from light bounce of their tab holders screwing up the white balance.
I forgot you know how to correct that.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Update:

As I said to start...patients teeth looked relatively low value, maybe a C-1 range, quite a bit of enamel crazing, slightly darker cervicals, nothing special, just middle aged.

Dr had her in A-1 temps. She like them, but wanted a brighter smile...more 'pretty'. I pressed in LiSi B-),one step into the bleach line. Dr said fit, shape was excellent. We corrected midline, feminized the shape, things looked good...but

Patient thought it was way too bright. I didnt get to see her, but from the original pic provided, I dont think'A' is her color. Im going to re-press. Im thinking Im going to jump to an HT ingot. The LiSi chart shows E-58 as the corresponding to an A-1. I laid out the B-0, A-1,HT-57 and HT-58. As they sit on my desk, HT-58 looks like the one, but I had previously used it on an A-1 patient and it was way too gray, so that was re=done with an A-1.

Im nervous.

My wax-ups are all pretty even thickness; centrals slightly thicker than the veneers on the lats and cuspids. Average is 1.2-1.5mm.
i dont like the group shades for lisi. mine sit unused after 1-2 attempts

user name

user name

Reaction score
I dont like e.max or LiSi as a stand alone, but its nice to have both cause life is like a box of chocolates...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Could I ask you to explain that? Do they group poorly, too much/too little?
i think they put too many shades into the group

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im really giving thought to moving away from the LD stuff. Not completely, but when Im doing esthetically demanding higher end stuff, I just get nicer results with straight ceramics. Pressing e.max ZirPress all by itself is really pretty.