Emax shade?

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
So far, I have very little experience pressing Emax, and shade\ingot selection. Just received a case, for an occlusial onlay on number 30, shade is B1 incisal. Dentin shade is N 2. I was thinking I would press it out of HT BL 2. Questionable if there will be much room to layer incisal on top of it.

Am I headed in the right direction?

Thanks all!

Carol

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
The shade requested is B1 incisal.
I Know the chart calls for BL2 HT but for a press and stain occlusal onlay there is a good chance it is going to be way to white in the mouth.
I would probably use B1 Ht or BL4 Ht, it should come out greyer to match incisal?

This sounds like a case to try the new Impluse ingots on, but I dont know which one though.
They have 5 new shades and Six said we can order 1 vile with all 5 shades in it. I think I am going to order that and a shade guide.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I pressed the occlusal out of IV -2, and case was cemented today. According to the assistant, it was really nice match. If anything, maybe a bit more translucent would've been nice.

But for a first case with the new E. Max ingots I was pleased. Too bad they weren't able to give me any photos.

Next time we'll hope for a perfect match!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Nailing translucency is probably the most important and hardest thing, even more so than value as value is often heavily influenced by the translucency of the enamel.

Without photos before you start its complete pot luck as very few cases will match a LT or HT exactly.

In fact neither are that great, as Al said, the impulse ingots will hopefully help with this, I'm waiting to get me hands on some also.

January's gonna be R&D time i think whilst things are quite.

Last edited: