EMax pressing times...

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I know it has been discussed before but i couldnt quickly find the thread sooooooooooooo

has anyone played with pressing times? and what have you found works best for 200g rings? heck even 100g rings? i can recall a guy i met once saying he adjusted pressing times to eliminate most of the reaction layer, or to help with full pressing on larger bridges (200g ring). what works for you for both 100g and 200g?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i guess i could add, i am pressing 100g rings at 3:30
200g rings at 4:30

i have not done many 200g rings recently (though one is burning out now),so i am curious to your pressing times

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
My ovens press until it cant press no more. Auto baby.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Reaction layer in an EP5000 is nearly nothing.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure what oven you have but when I pressed in my old Optimal AutoPress I set it for 5min-100gm &
7:30-200gm.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey Gladiator,
What's the reaction layer like with that Dekema?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Not sure what oven you have but when I pressed in my old Optimal AutoPress I set it for 5min-100gm &
7:30-200gm.
That seems too long.
My oven beeps and lights blue when the press begins. And finishes the press just a minute or two later..

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Hey Gladiator,
What's the reaction layer like with that Dekema?
I haven't pressed in it yet. I will eventually. But I still have the Programat 5K and I am thinking I would like to keep the Dekema as new as possible for as long as possible. And since we don't do PFM's here, not a drop of metal has been fired in it. Its still as clean as a virgins honey pot. -Morgan Freeman (Shawshank)

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What are you waiting for? Is that thing some kind of trophy?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
That seems too long.
My oven beeps and lights blue when the press begins. And finishes the press just a minute or two later..

Chill. It may seem long but that's what worked. Had to press long enough to complete. No sensors. The rest of the numbers were as per EP500 on pg 60. It was very successful but every oven is different. And the reaction layer was not great. Nothing like this picture, the result trying a ProPress a couple years ago.

image.jpg

invent dental

invent dental

Reaction score
It depends on temperature and number of units for example pressing 1 unit, shouldnt take more than2 minutes . We pressed with the auto press having 3,4, unit in 100g super ring in 4 minutes.you could do 5 minutes if you are pressing 5 molars and premolars(100g super ring),veneers take less time beacuse of their flat surface and size. 7 unit e.max.JPG

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
It depends on temperature and number of units for example pressing 1 unit, shouldnt take more than2 minutes . We pressed with the auto press having 3,4, unit in 100g super ring in 4 minutes.you could do 5 minutes if you are pressing 5 molars and premolars(100g super ring),veneers take less time beacuse of their flat surface and size. View attachment 14634

thanks. at 3:30 for 100g i am planning to drop it to 3:15. i would like a little less reaction than i have....though its nearly nothing.
i spoke with my old long time rep for 15+ years at Ivoclar. to start for the 200g ring i will try 4:30 and see how it turns out. (pressing a pretty beefy 3unit bridge). will update the thread with any adjustments i make.
i am using an Image Press for anyone interested. thus far the oven has been an absolutely perfect oven!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I pressed a huge 3 unit a few days ago weight was 1.8 GMs. Press time was nearly 8 mins in EP5000.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Sorry, but I thought itight be helpful. Doing a case again sucks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry, but I thought itight be helpful. Doing a case again sucks.
I know lol just busting chops. I miss having an EP press. They are beautiful machines. However I went with some of the older press parameters to be sure I got the proper results. The new EP models press at 915C therefore increasing some of the press times. Especially on larger bridges. The older parameters include a high temp of 930C, which may end up making the glass molten enough to press faster. (Hey it sounds good in my head!)

Either way, we will know soon.....the ring is cooling now.

Top Bottom