Emax press on zir

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Have anyone done press on zir copings and frames? I am going to try. Is it a good choice or not and how you guys are making it.
Respectfully,Ed.:rolleyes:

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Don't forget your 360 porcelain margins. And if the framework doesn't set the load onto the shoulder, don't even bother.

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
Don't forget your 360 porcelain margins. And if the framework doesn't set the load onto the shoulder, don't even bother.
....thanks and what extra material for this Technic,I haven't call to Ivoclar rep yet, I'd like to see techs opinions first.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I don't know anyone who is a fan of porcelain margins. Pressed or baked.
It is nice however to hide those PFM margins, but zirc? Why bother, its zirconia, theres no metal margin to hide.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
I love porcelain margins to add $60 per unit on a PFM. Zirconia margins are a bonus with no extra labour and a higher fee than PFM.

I don't see the benefit of pressing eMax over Zr. What is the benefit to dr/patient?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You have to use Zirpress with a zirliner bonding layer applied to the framework before waxing.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
i like the fact that their is a monolithic over zr. makes me feel a little better about the debonding issue with layering. do a cutback in wax and they look awesome. decent simply stained. just make sure you have a good amount on the zr or you can get a ghost. same as pfm.. if adjusting,go slow with a fine burr or wheel.i stain zr liner after fire to help with vitality. stays put through pressing process.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Zirpress is awesome.. Its looks so natural in the mouth. Add a light coat of Zirliner and wax or seal milled wax over it, press and finish.. It looks sweet!
I have a few pics on my website if you want to see a few Zirpress bridges. precisionmilled.com :)

user name

user name

Reaction score
Zirpress is awesome.. Its looks so natural in the mouth. Add a light coat of Zirliner and wax or seal milled wax over it, press and finish.. It looks sweet!
I have a few pics on my website if you want to see a few Zirpress bridges. precisionmilled.com :)
Yup. Its the way to do bridges for sure. I love it.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
what about doing z framework with e.max press that you cement onto it? Same concept as the e.max Cad-On that cerec docs do? Would this be faster, slower, same? Definitely stronger.

L

labtek

Reaction score
I have a question about the new Oliver Brix book. (Fascinating All-Ceramics)
The website says it is based on the seminar.....Does this mean it will have a step by step, recipe for fabricating an ideal emax restoration.

Will this book have a systematic, step by step procedure to accomplish this?

I have many dvds and books that show pretty pictures but no "formula" I dont need another picture book, i need the recipe and formula. If this is what is included in this book it will be priceless.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Do you mean Olivier Tric??

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I cast a Gold coping, then Cement Zirconia, then layer with eMax, then Art-Glass, then another layer of Targis on top of that.

All of this between a seasame-seed bun (or Poppy-seed if you prefer) with a pickle. DELICIOUS!